What is the best type of CNC to cut a leather hide into patterns? Laser? spindle?

Thread: What is the best type of CNC to cut a leather hide into patterns? Laser? spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What is the best type of CNC to cut a leather hide into patterns? Laser? spindle?

I'm starting a new business of handsewn leather goods. After cutting leather by hand for years, I'm trying to figure out what people are using to cut leather using a CNC. I had thought laser, but have heard the the smell requires extra steps to get rid of, so I'm wondering if anyone has other ideas - even brands - that they might look at in my shoes. I keep seeing "leather cutting tables" but they relally just look like a CNC router. Is the what I should maybe look at?

Any ideas would be welcomed. Thank you!

James

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is the best type of CNC to cut a leather hide into patterns? Laser? spindle?

I tried some thick leather on my 40 watt laser. It cut it, but really shriveled up.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What is the best type of CNC to cut a leather hide into patterns? Laser? spindle?

I'm not sure how thick the leather is you plan to use, but have you considered a drag knife?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi - I have seen videos of the drag knifes, but can't actually find manufacturers of them.