Laguna Tools SmartShop CNC Any Good?

Thread: Laguna Tools SmartShop CNC Any Good?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Laguna Tools SmartShop CNC Any Good?

I am new to CNC and I am looking to purchase a new CNC machine for a new business I am building from a reputable company that will provide support for years to come.

I found Laguna Tools on YouTube and they seem to offer a nice product but I am not sure if they are a good choice for a beginner. I am looking for a user friendly CNC from a solid company that I can count on.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Laguna Tools SmartShop CNC Any Good?

User friendly depends upon users prior experience.
    Much of your decision depends on what you intend to do with this technology.
    The biggest factor is budget.

Been doing this too long

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am happy with the pricing of their product. It's not cheap but their build quality seems to match.

I am planning on making modern furniture with this machine.

I really like their SmartShop3 with Fanuc control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question, Are you planning to do this OR are you a shop in production needing to go CNC?
    I rent machines / operators / shops until the volume of work necessitates buying a machine.
    this way you experience other shops and machines.and can make better decisions.
    There are good machines which get a job done or great machines that are moneymakers.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
    Question, Are you planning to do this OR are you a shop in production needing to go CNC?
    I rent machines / operators / shops until the volume of work necessitates buying a machine.
    this way you experience other shops and machines.and can make better decisions.
    There are good machines which get a job done or great machines that are moneymakers.
    This piece of equipment is so that we have full control over our product manufacturing.

The sole purpose of starting this thread was to determine if Laguna Tools makes a solid CNC. From my research, they look incredible but its very difficult to determine is they have a good track record when it comes to customer service/support.