NEED WIRING HELP PLEASE !!!!

Thread: NEED WIRING HELP PLEASE !!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question NEED WIRING HELP PLEASE !!!!

Hello Family,

I need help with the following please! I have a sainsmart 5 axis controller and Nema 23 stepper motors bi-polar.

I need to know the A+, A-, B+,B- of the axis "terminals" on the controller, so I can wire my stepper motors up to it. My motors are four wire, red, black, white, and green. I need to match up the wires correctly from the motor to the controller, but do not know where exactly to put the colored wires to the proper matched terminals. I need help here please.

Any help here is deeply appreciated. This controller is also a USB powered one as well as for an optional power supply.
    I have not tried the power supply yet, but the USB power does not work,motors do not come on to move anything. I am running mach3 XP.

Thanks
    Earl!!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED WIRING HELP PLEASE !!!!

Try to connect your stepper motor any two wires, then try to running motor shaft, if it's locked, which two wires your connected must be A-A+ or B-B+,very easy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NEED WIRING HELP PLEASE !!!!

Your stepper motor should have two coils. A simple VOM (Volt Ohm Meter), set to the resistance scale (Ohms) will show which wires are connected to the same coil. Check for continuity (0 Ohms) between each possible pairs of wires and you will find two pairs that are connected. Those pairs will be your two coils. It does not matter which one you call "A" and which one you call "B". If the motor runs in the wrong direction, you want to reverse the connections of ONE pair. If you reverse both pairs it will still run in the same direction so you only reverse one of them.

As to what the connections on the driver board are, I don't know. The board should be labeled or there should be some instructions. The wires of a pair will probably be adjacent to each other on a terminal strip or they may even be on separate strips. If that doesn't help, you can set that VOM to an AC Volts scale, one that reads at least your supply Voltage or greater (like a 100V scale if your motor supply is 75V), and try the connections in pairs. Without half or micro stepping you should get maximum Voltage readings on the correct pairs and much lower or even zero readings on the non pairs.