Hey everybody,
I just purchased my first CNC machine and I'm about to take the plunge into machining carbon fiber. (I am aware of the need for proper filters and ventilation) I am having difficulty finding information about which bit sizes I should use. I am working with 2, 3 and 4mm carbon fiber sheet. I have some long cuts to make around the perimeter of the shapes, but I also have some small (3mm dia) holes that I need to machine into the parts. I was planning to use something like this to do the outside cuts: https://www.toolstoday.com/p-6291-so...uter-bits.aspx Is that the right bit? I know PCD bits are also good, but I thought I'd start with these cheaper bits and upgrade once I've learned more.

But, what should I be using to plunge into those small 3mm holes? Also, if I'm machining 3mm holes, should I use a 3mm bit, or something smaller that can plunge in and then move in a circular motion to make a 3mm hole?

Should I use the same small diameter bit for perimeter and holes, or use a larger bit for the perimeter and then switch to a smaller bit to machine the holes?

I apologize for the simplistic questions, but any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Richard