Removing a MT2/Drawbar safely from a X2+ Mini Mill

Thread: Removing a MT2/Drawbar safely from a X2+ Mini Mill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Removing a MT2/Drawbar safely from a X2+ Mini Mill

Morning all,

So its been a while since i last posted on here, since selling the Sherline mill and keeping things small with a X2+ mini mill (cnc) something has always bothered me about removing the collets and drawbar to put a different size collet in.

So at the moment, im putting the locking pin in, undoing the drawbar a few threads and then hitting the drawbar with a deadblow hammer. after two or three taps, the collet becomes loose and i can remove by hand.

As we know the Mini mills are not the most beefy of construction and im kinda worried that after all the hard work of getting the mill trammed in and aligned, im knocking it out again,

I dont really have the room for a pneumatic or impact drawbar.

how much damage am i doing and any tips, tricks to make this better

Stu