I have recently left industry (manufacturing engineer for a large crankshaft company) and have entered the education sector.
I replaced my machining instructor at the local community college. Teaching the classes I once took years ago, feels creepy sometimes!
The instructor I replaced was getting pretty lax when it came to the CNC machines in the shop, and 3 out of the 4 that we have are in need of repair.
I've been doing alot of troubleshooting on my own time to get these back up and running so that I can use them for class.

Here is what I've got, and whats wrong with it.

1990 Cincinnati T-10 HMC, rotary axis is leaking about 5 gals per 3 hours of hydraulic fluid, and the Z axis feed on the pallet is really jerky, to the point it shouldn't even be on, could crash tools.
1990 Cincinnati Cinctimatic 7VC VMC with an error that reads spindle orientation pin not sensed.
1990 Cincinnati Cinturn 208U lathe, that actually works with no issue.
2000 Cincinnati Hawk TC150 lathe, the hard drive failed, and I have the school's computer tech department looking at it. We have replaced the hard drive, but now we need to figure out how to load the acramatic A2100 software back on to it. All I have is a .bck file. Its running Windows NT 4.0!!!

I'd like some help on which forum section I need to post my questions to, as to reach the members that can help me the most.

Always been a lurker, but finally decided to become a member after taking on this new teaching role!

Looking forward to also helping out where I can, I have spent the last 18 years working in a CNC facility, from running production early on, to writing cnc programs, to designing robot cells and everything in between.

Thanks,

Todd Flessner
Danville Area Community College