How operate this CNC Controller for a 6040?

Thread: How operate this CNC Controller for a 6040?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How operate this CNC Controller for a 6040?

Could someone please explain how to operate this cnc controller? I want to operate it manually and not via Mach3.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How operate this CNC Controller for a 6040?-controller-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How operate this CNC Controller for a 6040?

I think you need the separate control module on that model and hook it up at the back

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This looks like standalone spindle VFD control box. You would control spindle RPM with this unit. But maybe I am wrong...
    Do you already have a motion controller board? You could use controller to send signal for RPM control to this unit.

Don't want to impose but you can take a look here: Controlling spindle with output board - Planet CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you get your VFD control box to operate the spindle. I have only just received my 6060 cnc with the same control box as yours. I had the spindle running by using the knob on the control box (with the switch in 'Manually' mode) when I first powered it up. Unfortunately, after setting up I can't get the VFD to run the spindle at all (neither in Mach3 in 'PC' mode, or via the knob in 'Manually' mode). I may have unintentionally changed the programming of the VFD (the d000 settings).

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mikejohn37 View Post
    Could someone please explain how to operate this cnc controller? I want to operate it manually and not via Mach3.
    you can control it via USB joystick thru MACH 3, or if you want to control it manually standalone you need a mini computer raspberrypi or arduino will do to drive the PWM motors then make a six button switch for the up, down left, right, forward reverse mode, I can even control that manually and wirelessly on a smartphone hehe