Europe Tips about Feed Speed

Thread: Tips about Feed Speed

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tips about Feed Speed

Hello my name is Michael, I work for firm that owns a CNC Routermax ATC 1325 made by Winter Holztechnik. I am not qualified but I tried to learn from ArtCAM how to use it but I don\t think I am using it proper or at it's maximum potential, so I decided to join this forum hopping to learn from the best ...

I used the CNC many times to make engrave in MDF material or to create models out of door blanks witch ar made out of MDF to, my problem is that I don't think the speeds and feeds in ArtCAM are good, almost everytime the chipload is powder like and very hot, i tried using feed speed calculator sites but i dont know what chipload a MDF material should have or what spindle speed should i use. Yesterday i had a incident while cutting in a chipboard of 14mm thickness with a 7mm end mill with double spiral flutes when suddenly the bit slipped out the collet enough to pierce the sacrificial table of 12mm and the CNC aluminum table with 2mm just scapping it, i stoped the program, the bit was hot as hell, and today after i tighened the hell out of that collet holding the bit, i cut a 3mm thick mdf and it shattered. I must ad that the bit was made for a manual router not an automatic one, but i used it several times without any problems except the heat, the program specs were:
    Stepover 2.450 mm
    Stepdown 1.000 mm
    Spindle Speed 15000 r.p.m
    Feed Rate 65.000 mm/sec
    Plunge Rate 40.000 mm/sec
    I really wish that someboy could guide me or tell me a good formula to calculate the feeds or speeds depending on the tool, ball noose, end mill, v-bit, etc... I calculated it out of internet formulas but some of the speeds and feed are to high and i am really afraid of breaking the bits.
    Thank you in advance of taking the time to help me with my current predicament...