Mach 3 Motors won't sit still

Thread: Mach 3 Motors won't sit still

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach 3 Motors won't sit still

I have been running my Mach3/Intergra (closed loop option) machine for a few years no problem with Maxsine drives & servos. A drive recently failed and I changed drives to the next larger model (TL10F to TL15F) which required setting parameters and re-tuning the drives. So I got that all done and everything mostly works.

However when Mach is running the DRO's for X & Y are bouncing around by .0001 or so. There is a monitor utility in the Maxsine software that confirms the motors are actually moving. If I kill Mach the movement stops. I'm trying to figure out what I missed.

Thanks for any input!

Similar Threads:
    Thanks
    Marc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach 3 Motors won't sit still

Ah, but what is the size of a single step on your machine? If it is less than 0.0001 then you may have a problem, but if it is bigger, then the floating point arithmetic may be fooling you.
    In any event, it not at all uncommon for a servo drive to dither over the least significant step size. Few controllers have a dead-band setting.

Cheers
    Roger