Mach spindle settings are off, by a few thousand

Thread: Mach spindle settings are off, by a few thousand

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach spindle settings are off, by a few thousand

I am hoping this is a simple setting and I have accidentally set something. When I issue the command M3 S12000 in mach, my relay kicks in and the spindle starts to speed up. the VFD is displaying 120hz. In the Ethernet smooth stepper data monitoring, the ratio sets itself to .5 and the velocity is a hilarious number (5368709) If I issue M3 S24000, vfd still displays 120 hz. I would keep playing but yesterday I had some spindle setting incorrectly set and made a little bit of magic smoke from the main 4 pin spindle connector. Thankfully it was already in the process of shutting down and I did a factory reset to start from scratch. Before I discover the magic smoke again, has anyone run into this issue? Am I just testing control incorrectly? Thank you for any advice
    Control of the spindle via hitachi usb software or manual control still works perfectly. Mach 3 seems to be my bottleneck.

Setup-
    Ethernet Smooth stepper
    G540
    Wj200
    Mach3
    Spindle - 2.2 kw 220v 400hz 240000r/min

Since I am used to manual control of the spindle, setting the Hz from 0-400 via F001 has been my go-to. I would love mach and the spindle to read-out rpm but I will be fine if that's not possible.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach spindle settings are off, by a few thousand

I changed A062 to 100hz with the control software and when I turned the spindle on, again with M3 S12000 the VFD went to 100hz. Still confused but hoping that assists someone in noticing my error. Also changed the PWMbase frequency to 400 in ports and pins spindle setup to match the vfd motor base frequency. The software converts 400 to 403 when the settings are saved and the page is closed/returned to.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also changed the PWMbase frequency to 400 in ports and pins spindle setup to match the vfd motor base frequency.
    The Base frequency in Mach3 has nothing to do with the motor frequency. The Mach3 manual explains how the base frequency works.

Are you using the analog speed control in the G540? If so, what is the voltage from the G540 when you command S12,000? It should be about 5V.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

That PWMbase frequency was a late shot in the dark haha You are correct that I am using the analog output to drive the vfd. When I send the M3 S12000 command, I measured the output of the gecko to the VFD at 10.5 v. The +vdc measured 11.2 volts. When I stopped the program and put the gecko into E-stop, the output ground and voltage lines dropped to 4.2 volts and stayed there.
    If any clarification to my wiring is of assistance-
    Main terminal block -
    7 - Ground L
    8 - VFD output - O
    9- VFD +10VDC - H

Source logic on VFD - Jumpered L-LPC
    Wire 1 and p24 run through the relay closed by the gecko.

Downloads
    Uploads

That last post isn't accurate. I wasn't paying proper attention to my multi-meter and all those values are AC and not DC which is concerning. I don't know what I've done but I will keep you posted if I figure anything out.