Calibration...

Thread: Calibration...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Calibration...

This might not be in the right forum, but I run Mach3 so I thought I would give it a shot here. When I run my calibration in mach so it can figure steps, a few times when I execute it... I get a slight clunk, almost like an initial stutter when attempting it's movement. I'm not sure on how to test what is wrong so i'm asking you all for advice. Let me know, thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Calibration...

It is possible that your machine is trying to move too fast and the stepper motor stalls. You don't need any "calibration" to figure out the steps, it's just simple math.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    It is possible that your machine is trying to move too fast and the stepper motor stalls. You don't need any "calibration" to figure out the steps, it's just simple math.
    True. Maybe i'll look into that further as I really didn't do the "math" and allowed Mach 3 to handle that. And no, it's not moving that fast or too fast. The accell and velocity aren't not that high.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by killrmodz View Post
    This might not be in the right forum, but I run Mach3 so I thought I would give it a shot here. When I run my calibration in mach so it can figure steps, a few times when I execute it... I get a slight clunk, almost like an initial stutter when attempting it's movement. I'm not sure on how to test what is wrong so i'm asking you all for advice. Let me know, thanks!
    I had the same problem when trying to calibrate my Z axis. I had accidently set my steps per unit at 40,000. Changed it to 4000 then had no problems running the calibration utility. After running calibration I had 10256. Looking at Z axis power curve I may need to do some motor tuning. I'm still learning!