New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???

Thread: New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???

I just got my new cnc router. It has servos as opposed to steppers. It came with a pci control card and NC studio (which I have not been able to get to work).

Attached are some photos.

From what I understand (limited), NCstudio has a look ahead feature to speed up machining. Does Mach 3 do this?

Does Mach 3 control servo motors?

Any ideas on what I need to do to convert over to Mach 3?

Thank you!New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???-drivers-jpg New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???-driver-1-jpg New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???-15-pin-connector-jpg

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???

I got my cnc working using Mach 3. So smooth with the servos. It was important to connect the 5V from the computer USB to the controller.

I currently have all the wires taped together. I just bought a BOB off Ebay to help with protecting the computer etc. see attached.

Only issue is the inverter for the spindle has a low, medium and high speed. Mach3 only handles off/on by setting a pin to 5V. My problem is that when it is off, the voltage on the pin is 0.07V and this causes the inverter to turn the spindle on. The inverter is HL3000 (2055-T). I have to temporarily install a switch for the pin out of Mach 3 to prevent the inverter from turning the spindle on.

It is confusing without a manual. As for the spindle speed, the inverter says 250 but the spindle seems to be at 10,000 rpm. I have no idea what that thing is doing.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???-mach3-5-axis-cnc-interface-board-instruction   New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???-20140527_200100-jpg   New CNC with Servos - Should I convert from NCstudio to Mach 3 ???-panasonic-driver-mcdht3520e02-jpg