Need Help! Help with Chinese power supply

Thread: Help with Chinese power supply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with Chinese power supply

I've been using a spindle and PSU from ebay (china) in conjunction with my shapeoko 2 set. Everythings been running great for a long time, but recently the power supply went on the fritz and I had to go shopping for a new one, so I ordered one from ebay. Problem is the new power supply came with no documentation and the markings are in Chinese
    This is all the info the ebay seller listed:
    • Input voltage :AC220V
    • DC:0~110V
    • The armature voltage output: DC0 ~ 110V
    • Excitation output voltage: DC110V
    • Output current: 6A
    • Dimensions: 190mm x 105mm x 60mm
    • Matching motor power: 50W ~ 800W
    • Support manual potentiometer control, 0-5V/0-10V analog control and MACH3 software G code speed

I need to connect it to a 220v AC wall outlet (L, N, ground) and then to my 500w 110v DC spindle motor. It also came with a potentiometer, which I'm not to sure where to put.

I would really appreciate it if someone had any idea how I should wire this thing!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Chinese power supply-img_20160823_113818-jpg   Help with Chinese power supply-img_20160823_114110-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with Chinese power supply

Warning!

I don't read Chinese, this is only my educated guess, but being an engineer, I would connect it according to the below guess.

The PSU is PWM controlled 0-110DC out. To adjust the output voltage you need a potentiometer or a signal. This PSU seems to have two inputs, apart from the potentiometer. These are 0-5V and 0-10V. I would connect it according to my guess and measure the output voltage using a DVM before connecting it finally to the motor. Beware, there should be a protective earth terminal as well, so my guess is that the two without screws are the earth. Check with an instrument if these are what I think they are. Measure between the two that there is zero ohms resistance there and than measure between one of those and the metal frame, which I guess is metal, not plastic. If the metal fram also shows zero ohms than those two are the earth and connect one to your wall plug earth, the other to your motor frame.

Help with Chinese power supply-connection-jpg

Please note, everything you do, you do in your own risk. I don't read or understand the slightest Chinese. I take no responsibility at all, the seller should provide you with necessary information. Personally I would not buy from such seller and would definitely demand my money back, or at least a reasonable compensation, like 50% refund.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Found this on ebay, probably the same exact model with a diagram.

Hope this helps.

Help with Chinese power supply-s-l1600-jpg

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Found this on ebay, probably the same exact model with a diagram.

Hope this helps.

Help with Chinese power supply-s-l1600-jpg

Russ
    I am pretty sure one of them is incorrect. The marking on the picture posted by the OP clearly shows where the potentiometer should be connected, so on the low voltage side I am pretty sure that my proposal is the right one, unless the PSU marking is wrong. In fact, a little googling on eBay gave me this:

Help with Chinese power supply-dqbw5-jpg

The picture is from this item:

New High Speed Spindle Motor w Mount Bracket Power Supply 600W 24V 110VDC ER1 N | eBay

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually,
    I think that particular power supply can use a pot on the 5V terminals or the 10V terminals. If you look closely the shows the range 0-5V and 0-10V. This might be due to the fact some CNC controls will send 0-5V to control the spindle while most tend to use 0-10V.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually,
    I think that particular power supply can use a pot on the 5V terminals or the 10V terminals. If you look closely the shows the range 0-5V and 0-10V. This might be due to the fact some CNC controls will send 0-5V to control the spindle while most tend to use 0-10V.

Russ
    ...which is why I made this picture out of the picture the OP posted:

Help with Chinese power supply-connection-jpg

That other one was just something I found on eBay, confirming my guess. The terminals marked 0-5V and 0-10V can be used for controlling the spindle speed via the PC and a PWM output generated by the BoB or whatever else. That can be 0-5V in some cases, or 0-10V which is probably the most common voltage to control spindle speeds. The potentiometer is only needed if the speed is controlled manually.

Downloads
    Uploads

A_Camera,
    Totally agree with your assessment. Kind of depends on the BOB but if it contains a DAC he will probably not be using a POT to vary the speed.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

A_Camera,
    Totally agree with your assessment. Kind of depends on the BOB but if it contains a DAC he will probably not be using a POT to vary the speed.

Russ
    It's optional and the OP asked about the connection, so I assume he wants to connect it. Personally I don't use the DAC to control the DC spindle I currently have and will definitely not use it when I finally swap it with a VFD controlled real spindle (will use Modbus), so having a DAC does not automatically mean using it. Never the less, we don't know what the OP wants since he is pretty quiet...

Downloads
    Uploads

A_Camera,
    You are right Modbus is the way to go to control the VFD, however if this is for MACH4 there is currently no plugin designed to control the Hyangyang Chinese VFD the most common on on the Zone. There is an existing Mach3 plugin that works fine. The issue that drove the need for a plugin was the Chinese VFD was not 100% modbus compliant on all the commands, hence why MattyZee wrong the plugin. I have been working on the transition to Mach4 and I have the same type Chinese spindle so I can't use Modbus so I had to use an add on board with my ESS which contains the DAC and relays to control the spindle.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hope my translations would help you. Good luck!
    Help with Chinese power supply-img_20160823_113818-jpg
    Help with Chinese power supply-img_20160823_114110-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I make connections please someone can help me

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with Chinese power supply-sem-t-tulo-2-jpg