ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

Thanks for posting this guide by the way
    Tomas in Ireland

Last edited by Ttrees; 08-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again
    I have jogged down the necessary parameters from this thread
    The parameters I have taken down are as follows...I may have these values incorrect ?
    This will be for either my 12" tablesaw or my 24" bandsaw, I can put the old Huanyang on the more suited machine, if need be.
    I'm in Ireland so were on 50HZ, both these motors are 2 pole, dual voltage motors.
    I have not wired this up yet, as I have some questions...

Since you guys say that these things are always changing, I can't be sure if things will correspond with the guide on the other page, since the guide is for the Askpower A131,
    I'm guessing because there is no terminal for a braking resistor, that this is the reason these are more suited for spindles.

My VFD and manual has no mention of Askpower A131 by the way!
    I will check the production date in the parameters to find out which one I have, hopefully it's the same.

I am unsure if I have everything in sequence, or if it needs to be.
    and I have some questions at the end.
    Here we go...........

First thing first, I think it was said its to do parameter restore and reset afterwards.

PN 32 - Set to 3 restore default parameter, then set back to 1 to reset parameter.
    PN 01 - 2 (pole motor) possible RPM required, referral to PN 12
    PN 02 - 50 Hz
    PN 03 - ext terminal 1 is for the pot
    PN 04 - run command for switches 1 for VFD keypad, set to 2 for switches
    PN 05 - 1 clockwise rotation only
    PN 08 - accel time
    PN 09 - decel time
    PN 10 - 50 Hz max frequency
    PN 11 - set to 5 (especially if using a pot) min frequency
    PN 12 - 50 Hz motor rating frequency
    PN 13 - 1 (careful of this one as it can damage motor! torque compensation (default at 0 in manual) unsure about this one ?
    PN 14 - 40 for adjustment for torque at lower RPM (default 500Hz seems wrong, but whatta I know?)
    PN 17 - 30 adjust braking voltage for DC braking (same as factory default)

The things I'm unsure about is...
    No parameters for input voltage, or motor voltage. ?
    No amp rating for motor ?
    Not sure yet if RPM will be entered, or if motor pole number will take of that. ?
    and the aforementioned PD 13, PD 14, and PD 17 looks to be specific to the application...
    I have no great need to stop things in an instant, so if I enter these values am I OK?

Thanks for reading
    Tomas

Last edited by Ttrees; 08-12-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again
    Just tested it out with the parameters mentioned with success
    After realising that the fan switches off on this model, I designated this quiet one for the bandsaw as I would rather
    the old Huanyang's sinister howl emitting from the tablesaw instead.

I've since tried wiring three wire control without success
    I can get it to activate, but it kicks off after about a second
    Any takers ?

These things don't like being plugged out, it gives a nasty sound and error code.
    This is what it shows ..(machine stopped completely and left idle briefly)
    ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2132-jpg
    Thanks
    Tomas

Last edited by Ttrees; 08-16-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ttrees View Post
    Hi again
    Just tested it out with the parameters mentioned with success
    After realising that the fan switches off on this model, I designated this quiet one for the bandsaw as I would rather
    that sinister howl to emit from the tablesaw.

I've since tried wiring three wire control without success
    I can get it to activate, but it kicks off after about a second
    Any takers ?

These things don't like being plugged out, it gives a nasty sound and error code.
    This is what it shows ..(machine stopped completely and left idle briefly)
    ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2132-jpg
    Thanks
    Tomas
    That's telling you have input voltage problem, which do you have R S T for the input terminals or L and N

Have you attached the input and Motor Ground wire, a photo of the wiring would be good

How have you wired for remote control

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mactec54
    No problems with running the machine, I took this photo after plugging it out.
    It's sounded smoother since its been plugged out a few times.
    I can't get three wire control to work, using NC stop button, and a NO start button.
    I have tried every terminal.
    Thanks
    Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mactec54
    No problems with running the machine, I took this photo after plugging it out.
    It's sounded smoother since its been plugged out a few times.
    I can't get three wire control to work, using NC stop button, and a NO start button.
    I have tried every terminal.
    Thanks
    Tom
    You should not be plugging unplugging the VFD Drive it won't last long if you continue to do this, it should be turned On / Off with a switch

The fault that it was showing was a voltage problem

The 3 wire control is not going to work by it's self, you need to switch between the Forward and Ground Terminal, this is just a On / Off switch in your case, or a controlled Relay switched by your stop button and start button

You may need to set some other Parameters as well but get this connected first

That's why I wanted to see a better photo of your wiring

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mactec54
    I fail to see what an isolator switch from the mains would achieve.
    I have never been advised to do this with the other VFD I have, wont it still show a voltage problem when you unpower the machine ?
    The only advice in this matter I have ever heard is to wait till machine is stationary before powering it off.

On the Huanyang VFD the relay is built into the terminals
    as in FOR for NO start button and DCM for the NC stop, the other ends of these switches goes to the relay RST.
    Are you saying there's no relay within his terminal group?

Thanks again
    Tomas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mactec54
    I fail to see what an isolator switch from the mains would achieve.
    I have never been advised to do this with the other VFD I have, wont it still show a voltage problem when you unpower the machine ?
    The only advice in this matter I have ever heard is to wait till machine is stationary before powering it off.

On the Huanyang VFD the relay is built into the terminals
    as in FOR for NO start button and DCM for the NC stop, the other ends of these switches goes to the relay RST.
    Are you saying there's no relay within his terminal group?

Thanks again
    Tomas
    As for the Fault when you unplug your VFD, they are your VFD Drives and you can use them how ever you like, the correct way to install a VFD is it should be hard wired, through a Switch to turn it on off, Just look at the wiring diagram in any VFD Manual, Plugging unplugging to control a VFD power input or any type of control like this is a bad idea

No there is no Relay on the Huanyang or any other VFD drive between the For and DCM, you have to supply that Relay or Switch to make that circuit, they are showing you this in the wiring diagram

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mactec54
    I had asked other folks before about that isolation switch, and never got any encouragement to do so.
    I might bring that up with some folks locally, since our electric system is a bit different to yours.
    I can always hit the switch for extension lead at the wall, I guess that will not suffice though?
    Will this error code not keep showing up if I put an isolator switch on ?

You say there is no relay on the Huanyang
    All I know is I can use 3 wire control with them, and wires from the other ends of the NO and NC switches get joined and inserted into the RST terminal.
    There is no other parameter to select apart from the PD 01 for enabling switches.
    If I buy a relay, will I have to adjust anything else ?
    Thanks
    Tomas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Mactec54
    I had asked other folks before about that isolation switch, and never got any encouragement to do so.
    I might bring that up with some folks locally, since our electric system is a bit different to yours.
    I can always hit the switch for extension lead at the wall, I guess that will not suffice though?
    Will this error code not keep showing up if I put an isolator switch on ?

You say there is no relay on the Huanyang
    All I know is I can use 3 wire control with them, and wires from the other ends of the NO and NC switches get joined and inserted into the RST terminal.
    There is no other parameter to select apart from the PD 01 for enabling switches.
    If I buy a relay, will I have to adjust anything else ?
    Thanks
    Tomas
    You need to draw /sketch or photo of the wiring, and show how you have been trying to switch you VFD R S T, this would be a strange way to turn the VFD Drive ON and OFF, doing this will give the VFD Drive a very short life, they don't like being turned ON / OFF by the input power R S T on a regular basis, most manuals will tell you this also

Asking other people that are not qualified with VFD Drive installation are not going to know any better than you, look at manuals there are plenty on the internet to look at they will all guide you how a VFD Drive should be installed

You started off with a ASKPOWER VFD Drive now you are talking about a Huanyang, they both have different Parameters that are used, you are in the wrong thread if you where taking about a Huanyang VFD Drive

Your NO and NC switch is all that is needed, as I said in the other posts, you can use a switch or a Relay, Both will do the same job, switching between For and DCM

It does not matter what country you live in the same electrical installation applies

Here are some snips from the Huanyang VFD Manual

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-input-power-supply-switching-png   ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-pluggin-unplugging-vfd-drive-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again
    The RST I was referring to is the relay (or acts as such on the Huanyang)
    I was not referring to the input power terminals, I would have thought that was clear enough, but what do I know....
    I was asking about 3 wire control on the Isacon/Askpower drive.
    I just guessed that RST terminal pictured on the IsaconASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2135-jpg has the same function as RST pictured on the Huanyang.ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2136-jpg
    I know I can just wire up a light switch, but I have buttons wired into the machines allready.
    I suspect something else can be done hopefully without having to buy anything, but if I do ...
    I'm guessing that nothing has to be done parameter wise to get it to work.

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again
    The RST I was referring to is the relay (or acts as such on the Huanyang)
    I was not referring to the input power terminals, I would have thought that was clear enough, but what do I know....
    I was asking about 3 wire control on the Isacon/Askpower drive.
    I just guessed that RST terminal pictured on the IsaconASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2135-jpg has the same function as RST pictured on the Huanyang.ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2136-jpg
    I know I can just wire up a light switch, but I have buttons wired into the machines allready.
    I suspect something else can be done hopefully without having to buy anything, but if I do ...
    I'm guessing that nothing has to be done parameter wise to get it to work.

Tom
    No you can't use the RST for turning the VFD ON / Off

You can only use as I said before, FOR and DCM to turn the VFD ON / OFF, a simple switch or a Relay that would be controlled by your ON /OFF Buttons

The RST on the control Terminal, is use only when it is wired into a CNC control circuit, it would be used in the Reset circuit

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-rst-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again Mactec
    That RST in your pic gives the same description as RST on the old Huanyang drive (reset).
    but does not seem to function the same in regards to simple 3 wire control to a motor.

I might add that on the newest Huanyang I have, I had to swap the front panel on my drive with an old one, as the "reset" terminal failed to work after disconnecting
    it to check other motors, although the other terminals still work the same.

I wonder if this reset terminal could be faulty in my Isacon drive?..

So I need a relay between switches to FOR and GND for my buttons,
    I was told what you said before when first hooking up my Huanyang VFD's, but then I found out a relay was allready there...
    so I was hoping that this would happen again

Guess I will hook up a light switch to get me by.
    Thanks for your efforts Mactec54
    Tomas

Last edited by Ttrees; 08-18-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again Mactec
    That RST in your pic gives the same description as RST on the old Huanyang drive (reset).
    but does not seem to function the same in regards to simple 3 wire control to a motor.

I might add that on the newest Huanyang I have, I had to swap the front panel on my drive with an old one, as the "reset" terminal failed to work after disconnecting
    it to check other motors, although the other terminals still work the same.

I wonder if this reset terminal could be faulty in my Isacon drive?..

So I need a relay between switches to FOR and GND for my buttons,
    I was told what you said before when first hooking up my Huanyang VFD's, but then I found out a relay was allready there...
    so I was hoping that this would happen again

Guess I will hook up a light switch to get me by.
    Thanks for your efforts Mactec54
    Tomas
    It could be faulty, but if you are not using RST connection with a Relay, it is not going to be working, and you have no use for the RTS with your setup, so why mess with it

To use the 3 wire system and using RST, you would have to have a switch or a Relay for each function, if you look at the circuit it has 3 switching elements, it is not used any other way or different from this for each drive you have, they both work the same

A snip of the different connections for controlling a VFD almost all VFD Drives are the same,( some call the Terminals a different Name, but do the same thing if you read the manual ) each function requires a Switching element of some kind to work, these are all external connections that have to be made to make, for what ever you are trying to do

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-control-switching-png  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you open the attachment? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12