ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 34 of 34

Thread: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

  1. #25
    Registered Ttrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Hello Mactec54
    No problems with running the machine, I took this photo after plugging it out.
    It's sounded smoother since its been plugged out a few times.
    I can't get three wire control to work, using NC stop button, and a NO start button.
    I have tried every terminal.
    Thanks
    Tom



  2. #26
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6736
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttrees View Post
    Hello Mactec54
    No problems with running the machine, I took this photo after plugging it out.
    It's sounded smoother since its been plugged out a few times.
    I can't get three wire control to work, using NC stop button, and a NO start button.
    I have tried every terminal.
    Thanks
    Tom
    You should not be plugging unplugging the VFD Drive it won't last long if you continue to do this, it should be turned On / Off with a switch

    The fault that it was showing was a voltage problem

    The 3 wire control is not going to work by it's self, you need to switch between the Forward and Ground Terminal, this is just a On / Off switch in your case, or a controlled Relay switched by your stop button and start button

    You may need to set some other Parameters as well but get this connected first

    That's why I wanted to see a better photo of your wiring

    Mactec54


  3. #27
    Registered Ttrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Thanks Mactec54
    I fail to see what an isolator switch from the mains would achieve.
    I have never been advised to do this with the other VFD I have, wont it still show a voltage problem when you unpower the machine ?
    The only advice in this matter I have ever heard is to wait till machine is stationary before powering it off.

    On the Huanyang VFD the relay is built into the terminals
    as in FOR for NO start button and DCM for the NC stop, the other ends of these switches goes to the relay RST.
    Are you saying there's no relay within his terminal group?

    Thanks again
    Tomas



  4. #28
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6736
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttrees View Post
    Thanks Mactec54
    I fail to see what an isolator switch from the mains would achieve.
    I have never been advised to do this with the other VFD I have, wont it still show a voltage problem when you unpower the machine ?
    The only advice in this matter I have ever heard is to wait till machine is stationary before powering it off.

    On the Huanyang VFD the relay is built into the terminals
    as in FOR for NO start button and DCM for the NC stop, the other ends of these switches goes to the relay RST.
    Are you saying there's no relay within his terminal group?

    Thanks again
    Tomas
    As for the Fault when you unplug your VFD, they are your VFD Drives and you can use them how ever you like, the correct way to install a VFD is it should be hard wired, through a Switch to turn it on off, Just look at the wiring diagram in any VFD Manual, Plugging unplugging to control a VFD power input or any type of control like this is a bad idea

    No there is no Relay on the Huanyang or any other VFD drive between the For and DCM, you have to supply that Relay or Switch to make that circuit, they are showing you this in the wiring diagram

    Mactec54


  5. #29
    Registered Ttrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Hello Mactec54
    I had asked other folks before about that isolation switch, and never got any encouragement to do so.
    I might bring that up with some folks locally, since our electric system is a bit different to yours.
    I can always hit the switch for extension lead at the wall, I guess that will not suffice though?
    Will this error code not keep showing up if I put an isolator switch on ?

    You say there is no relay on the Huanyang
    All I know is I can use 3 wire control with them, and wires from the other ends of the NO and NC switches get joined and inserted into the RST terminal.
    There is no other parameter to select apart from the PD 01 for enabling switches.
    If I buy a relay, will I have to adjust anything else ?
    Thanks
    Tomas



  6. #30
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6736
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttrees View Post
    Hello Mactec54
    I had asked other folks before about that isolation switch, and never got any encouragement to do so.
    I might bring that up with some folks locally, since our electric system is a bit different to yours.
    I can always hit the switch for extension lead at the wall, I guess that will not suffice though?
    Will this error code not keep showing up if I put an isolator switch on ?

    You say there is no relay on the Huanyang
    All I know is I can use 3 wire control with them, and wires from the other ends of the NO and NC switches get joined and inserted into the RST terminal.
    There is no other parameter to select apart from the PD 01 for enabling switches.
    If I buy a relay, will I have to adjust anything else ?
    Thanks
    Tomas
    You need to draw /sketch or photo of the wiring, and show how you have been trying to switch you VFD R S T, this would be a strange way to turn the VFD Drive ON and OFF, doing this will give the VFD Drive a very short life, they don't like being turned ON / OFF by the input power R S T on a regular basis, most manuals will tell you this also

    Asking other people that are not qualified with VFD Drive installation are not going to know any better than you, look at manuals there are plenty on the internet to look at they will all guide you how a VFD Drive should be installed

    You started off with a ASKPOWER VFD Drive now you are talking about a Huanyang, they both have different Parameters that are used, you are in the wrong thread if you where taking about a Huanyang VFD Drive

    Your NO and NC switch is all that is needed, as I said in the other posts, you can use a switch or a Relay, Both will do the same job, switching between For and DCM

    It does not matter what country you live in the same electrical installation applies

    Here are some snips from the Huanyang VFD Manual

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-input-power-supply-switching-png   ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-pluggin-unplugging-vfd-drive-png  
    Mactec54


  7. #31
    Registered Ttrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Hello again
    The RST I was referring to is the relay (or acts as such on the Huanyang)
    I was not referring to the input power terminals, I would have thought that was clear enough, but what do I know....
    I was asking about 3 wire control on the Isacon/Askpower drive.
    I just guessed that RST terminal pictured on the IsaconASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2135-jpg has the same function as RST pictured on the Huanyang.ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2136-jpg
    I know I can just wire up a light switch, but I have buttons wired into the machines allready.
    I suspect something else can be done hopefully without having to buy anything, but if I do ...
    I'm guessing that nothing has to be done parameter wise to get it to work.

    Tom



  8. #32
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6736
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttrees View Post
    Hello again
    The RST I was referring to is the relay (or acts as such on the Huanyang)
    I was not referring to the input power terminals, I would have thought that was clear enough, but what do I know....
    I was asking about 3 wire control on the Isacon/Askpower drive.
    I just guessed that RST terminal pictured on the IsaconASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2135-jpg has the same function as RST pictured on the Huanyang.ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2136-jpg
    I know I can just wire up a light switch, but I have buttons wired into the machines allready.
    I suspect something else can be done hopefully without having to buy anything, but if I do ...
    I'm guessing that nothing has to be done parameter wise to get it to work.

    Tom
    No you can't use the RST for turning the VFD ON / Off

    You can only use as I said before, FOR and DCM to turn the VFD ON / OFF, a simple switch or a Relay that would be controlled by your ON /OFF Buttons

    The RST on the control Terminal, is use only when it is wired into a CNC control circuit, it would be used in the Reset circuit

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-rst-png  
    Mactec54


  9. #33
    Registered Ttrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Thanks again Mactec
    That RST in your pic gives the same description as RST on the old Huanyang drive (reset).
    but does not seem to function the same in regards to simple 3 wire control to a motor.

    I might add that on the newest Huanyang I have, I had to swap the front panel on my drive with an old one, as the "reset" terminal failed to work after disconnecting
    it to check other motors, although the other terminals still work the same.

    I wonder if this reset terminal could be faulty in my Isacon drive?..
    .

    So I need a relay between switches to FOR and GND for my buttons,
    I was told what you said before when first hooking up my Huanyang VFD's, but then I found out a relay was allready there...
    so I was hoping that this would happen again

    Guess I will hook up a light switch to get me by.
    Thanks for your efforts Mactec54
    Tomas

    Last edited by Ttrees; Yesterday at 11:06 AM.


  10. #34
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6736
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

    Quote Originally Posted by Ttrees View Post
    Thanks again Mactec
    That RST in your pic gives the same description as RST on the old Huanyang drive (reset).
    but does not seem to function the same in regards to simple 3 wire control to a motor.

    I might add that on the newest Huanyang I have, I had to swap the front panel on my drive with an old one, as the "reset" terminal failed to work after disconnecting
    it to check other motors, although the other terminals still work the same.

    I wonder if this reset terminal could be faulty in my Isacon drive?..
    .

    So I need a relay between switches to FOR and GND for my buttons,
    I was told what you said before when first hooking up my Huanyang VFD's, but then I found out a relay was allready there...
    so I was hoping that this would happen again

    Guess I will hook up a light switch to get me by.
    Thanks for your efforts Mactec54
    Tomas
    It could be faulty, but if you are not using RST connection with a Relay, it is not going to be working, and you have no use for the RTS with your setup, so why mess with it

    To use the 3 wire system and using RST, you would have to have a switch or a Relay for each function, if you look at the circuit it has 3 switching elements, it is not used any other way or different from this for each drive you have, they both work the same

    A snip of the different connections for controlling a VFD almost all VFD Drives are the same,( some call the Terminals a different Name, but do the same thing if you read the manual ) each function requires a Switching element of some kind to work, these are all external connections that have to be made to make, for what ever you are trying to do

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-control-switching-png  
    Mactec54


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual
ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual