ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/ Manual

radial1951

Yes I should of looked at that Baldor motor spec's, it did say 4 pole, so that part you are correct his motor would have to be 2 Pole if it was 2850 But if he is running it at a higher Hz setting already it still could be a 4 pole motor

A lathe would not be much good with a 2 Pole motor, that is another reason I said it could be 4 Pole

No I have more than 60 different VFD manuals, as I repair VFD Drives, I don't usually get any Manuals from the Zone unless it is one I don't have

Post your Manual as I would love to have the latest version, you would help others as well

The Default for Pn08 and Pn09 is 10s your 2s is very good if it can do that for a lathe without a Braking Resistor, you should do a video showing this and the settings you used to do it, that's a very good VFD that can do that, without a Braking Resistor

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, thanks for your answers, I'll try to understand everything that you expose.
    Because of the time difference, I try to hang tomorrow as I have set my VFD a131.

motor
    1,5 kw/ 2 cv.
    Rpm: 3000. But max 2850 real
    220/380 V.
    2 Polos.
    Eje: 24 mm.
    Peso: 12 kg.

Now you can see me running around, really the only thing I need is well synchronize the speed to match 100% with the tachometer, I will upgradear with omron encoder 360 PPR 3 phases + index

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FIJOCUSTOM View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for your answers, I'll try to understand everything that you expose.
    Because of the time difference, I try to hang tomorrow as I have set my VFD a131.

motor
    1,5 kw/ 2 cv.
    Rpm: 3000. But max 2850 real
    220/380 V.
    2 Polos.
    Eje: 24 mm.
    Peso: 12 kg.

Now you can see me running around, really the only thing I need is well synchronize the speed to match 100% with the tachometer, I will upgradear with omron encoder 360 PPR 3 phases + index
    This is not a normal Lathe, if you want to get 2850 RPM then you will have to play with Pn10=50Hz I had this at 80Hz but because you want to control the speed this is the only Parameter you have to play with, this VFD is very basic and does not have very much that you can control

If you are using PWM 0-10v for controlling the VFD, then you can make some adjustment's with this 0-10v this will control the speed also

Depending on how you are controlling your VFD the other is to add the external 5K Potentiometer and adjust the speed with this

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ASKPOWER VFD info

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    radial1951

Yes I should of looked at that Baldor motor spec's, it did say 4 pole, so that part you are correct his motor would have to be 2 Pole if it was 2850 But if he is running it at a higher Hz setting already it still could be a 4 pole motor

A lathe would not be much good with a 2 Pole motor, that is another reason I said it could be 4 Pole

No I have more than 60 different VFD manuals, as I repair VFD Drives, I don't usually get any Manuals from the Zone unless it is one I don't have

Post your Manual as I would love to have the latest version, you would help others as well

The Default for Pn08 and Pn09 is 10s your 2s is very good if it can do that for a lathe without a Braking Resistor, you should do a video showing this and the settings you used to do it, that's a very good VFD that can do that, without a Braking Resistor
    Hi mactec54

The specs of that Baldor motor DO NOT say it is 4 Pole, it says it is a 2 Pole Motor.

In FIJOCUSTOM's Post #8 he clearly says: "Motor: 3 phase 220v 2HP 2850 RPM 50hz, but i belive max 60hz maybe." Therefore, it can only be a 2 Pole motor!

There is no engineering reason to suggest that "A lathe would not be much good with a 2 Pole motor...". It all depends on the intended use for the lathe, as any machinist would know. High spindle speeds require a high speed motor and many machine tools offer 2/4 Pole 2-speed motors to achieve a desirable speed range, eg Bridgeport mills and Emco Super 11 lathes to name a couple. FIJOCUSTOM's problem is he wants high turning speeds AND to be able to perform a threading operation at slow speed and retain motor torque. A big ask...

If you look at Fijo's ebay link, you can disregard both of the circuit diagrams. The current version of these VFDs has been around for maybe 12 months or more and has NO PROVISION to fit a braking resistor and the power input terminals are now universal ie accepts 3 phases connected to R,S and T or single phase connected to R and T. Only the centre common earth terminal should be used and you should check for earth continuity as has been mentioned in other threads previously. As with the Huanyang VFD, there are two screws near the terminal block with the earth symbol next to them. In all 5 of my VFDs they are actually not connected to anything! So don't rely on them for an earth.

Do an ebay search for "vfd 1.5kw inverter" and you will find the same unit offered for sale in English. Almost every seller uses the same wording and diagrams even though they are for the old model. Be aware, they are Chineeze sellers, often have no knowledge of the product, and as usual the manual is written in Chinglish.

Hi FIJO, How old is your VFD, is it the current model or the older one? For your lathe, maybe you need to change the drive ratio (pulley?) to keep motor speed, and therefore torque, up at low spindle speeds, and run the motor at higher frequencies for the high spindle speeds. You may not realise that a good motor should be ok at 50% overspeed. I often run my 1440rpm 50Hz milling machine motor at 80-100Hz without a problem. BUT I don't know about running your 2850rpm motor at 4500+rpm !! Perhaps you need to re-assess your motor selection and drive ratio to get the speed range you require. BTW good video and a nice work on your lathe.

Regards to all, Ross.
    radial1951

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

radial1951

No body said the PDF was 4 pole it is clearly 2 pole, the link I had to it was for 4 pole, and I did not check it before I posed it, what's your problem

2 pole motor are poor performers at low speed, which he has found out, his CNC lathe would need to run at the higher RPM so the Torque with the 2 Pole motor would not be a problem, or lower his spindle Gearing and increase Pn10 up to get the Max RPM he wants, this can only be done if the motor can handle the higher Hz setting continuous

A good Quality VFD with more control options to control his motor better

Some ways to fix the low Torque problem, a larger HP motor if you want to keep using a 2 Pole Motor

Use Gearing and increase Hz to Max if the motor can run continuous at High Hz setting

Use a 4 Pole Motor and run at Max Hz if it is rated for continuous high Hz setting

Or use a AC Servo Motor and Drive for precision control

Your 2 examples Bridgeport and Emco are not CNC, and both have a very poor performance when running at low speed when switched for 2 Pole running

Still waiting for your video, no video of your setup stopping in 2s it did not happen, and not on a toy machine that has very little inertia

T=torque ( in lb-ft )
    HP=horsepower
    5252=constant
    RPM=revolutions per minute
    With this formula he can work out his torque at the lower RPM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-tec-png  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry guys, I have not put all the information. the motor pulley has 30 teeth and 60 teeth pulley spindle has HTD5. MAX 1400 RPM.
    a2_30_10.jpg | Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

date od the VFD is march 2016

this is my parameters NOW

pn1: 1
    pn2: 0.10
    pn3: 4
    pn4: 2
    pn5: 1
    pn8:2s
    pn9: 2s
    pn10: 50
    pn11:1.0
    pn:12: 1
    pn13:0 which should put?
    pn14:10hz which should put?
    pn19: 4

Mactec54

t= 2hp x 5252/2850

t=3.6856 is it is right?

sorry again but is not my native language, and google translate no is 100% rigth

thanks

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by FIJOCUSTOM View Post
    sorry guys, I have not put all the information. the motor pulley has 30 teeth and 60 teeth pulley spindle has HTD5. MAX 1400 RPM.
    a2_30_10.jpg | Servimg.com - Free image hosting service

date od the VFD is march 2016

this is my parameters NOW

pn1: 1
    pn2: 0.10
    pn3: 4
    pn4: 2
    pn5: 1
    pn8:2s
    pn9: 2s
    pn10: 50
    pn11:1.0
    pn:12: 1
    pn13:0 which should put?
    pn14:10hz which should put?
    pn19: 4

Mactec54

t= 2hp x 5252/2850

t=3.6856 is it is right?

sorry again but is not my native language, and google translate no is 100% rigth

thanks

t=3.6856 is it is right? 3.6856 yes that is correct, it's not a lot of torque for a lathe motor, but by having a 2:1 ratio you now have doubled your motor torque
    1400 RPM Max the torque is 7.5028

pn:12: 50 needs to be be 50
    pn13:1 Add ( 1 ) max
    pn14:60 Add ( 60 ) and increase up to a max of 100

Last edited by mactec54; 10-04-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi guys, im waiting the new encoder, tyr to test the vfd new parameters

thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting this guide by the way
    Tomas in Ireland

Last edited by Ttrees; 08-12-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again
    I have jogged down the necessary parameters from this thread
    The parameters I have taken down are as follows...I may have these values incorrect ?
    This will be for either my 12" tablesaw or my 24" bandsaw, I can put the old Huanyang on the more suited machine, if need be.
    I'm in Ireland so were on 50HZ, both these motors are 2 pole, dual voltage motors.
    I have not wired this up yet, as I have some questions...

Since you guys say that these things are always changing, I can't be sure if things will correspond with the guide on the other page, since the guide is for the Askpower A131,
    I'm guessing because there is no terminal for a braking resistor, that this is the reason these are more suited for spindles.

My VFD and manual has no mention of Askpower A131 by the way!
    I will check the production date in the parameters to find out which one I have, hopefully it's the same.

I am unsure if I have everything in sequence, or if it needs to be.
    and I have some questions at the end.
    Here we go...........

First thing first, I think it was said its to do parameter restore and reset afterwards.

PN 32 - Set to 3 restore default parameter, then set back to 1 to reset parameter.
    PN 01 - 2 (pole motor) possible RPM required, referral to PN 12
    PN 02 - 50 Hz
    PN 03 - ext terminal 1 is for the pot
    PN 04 - run command for switches 1 for VFD keypad, set to 2 for switches
    PN 05 - 1 clockwise rotation only
    PN 08 - accel time
    PN 09 - decel time
    PN 10 - 50 Hz max frequency
    PN 11 - set to 5 (especially if using a pot) min frequency
    PN 12 - 50 Hz motor rating frequency
    PN 13 - 1 (careful of this one as it can damage motor! torque compensation (default at 0 in manual) unsure about this one ?
    PN 14 - 40 for adjustment for torque at lower RPM (default 500Hz seems wrong, but whatta I know?)
    PN 17 - 30 adjust braking voltage for DC braking (same as factory default)

The things I'm unsure about is...
    No parameters for input voltage, or motor voltage. ?
    No amp rating for motor ?
    Not sure yet if RPM will be entered, or if motor pole number will take of that. ?
    and the aforementioned PD 13, PD 14, and PD 17 looks to be specific to the application...
    I have no great need to stop things in an instant, so if I enter these values am I OK?

Thanks for reading
    Tomas

Last edited by Ttrees; 08-12-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again
    Just tested it out with the parameters mentioned with success
    After realising that the fan switches off on this model, I designated this quiet one for the bandsaw as I would rather
    the old Huanyang's sinister howl emitting from the tablesaw instead.

I've since tried wiring three wire control without success
    I can get it to activate, but it kicks off after about a second
    Any takers ?

These things don't like being plugged out, it gives a nasty sound and error code.
    This is what it shows ..(machine stopped completely and left idle briefly)
    ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2132-jpg
    Thanks
    Tomas

Last edited by Ttrees; 08-16-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ttrees View Post
    Hi again
    Just tested it out with the parameters mentioned with success
    After realising that the fan switches off on this model, I designated this quiet one for the bandsaw as I would rather
    that sinister howl to emit from the tablesaw.

I've since tried wiring three wire control without success
    I can get it to activate, but it kicks off after about a second
    Any takers ?

These things don't like being plugged out, it gives a nasty sound and error code.
    This is what it shows ..(machine stopped completely and left idle briefly)
    ASKPOWER A131 VFD User Guide/  Manual-sam_2132-jpg
    Thanks
    Tomas
    That's telling you have input voltage problem, which do you have R S T for the input terminals or L and N

Have you attached the input and Motor Ground wire, a photo of the wiring would be good

How have you wired for remote control

Mactec54

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast