Yeah, with the new design I should be able to have more structural stability and versatility.
The design involves a simple square frame with four holes drilled in it (I added two more bolts for stability purposes). Additionally the four holes will be countersunk, to make sure the bolt heads dont protrude frome the frame.
The supporting arm will then have 4 holes drilled in it also. Four bolts with thumb-nuts will be placed through the holes attaching the frame to the supporting arm.
This design allows for me to change the screen easily, and also allows for me to change the size of the screen as desired. With the previous design, I was limited to one size screen, because it had to fit into the larger frame. Now I can make the frame what ever size I want.
Also these new frames are much easier to make, being that they require a 2 x 3 with a couple of miter cuts.
This weekend I am going to make a new screen printer, here are the changes:
1) I will incorporate the new frame design
2) It will be a four-color screen printer, meaning there will be four supporting arms on a turn table.
3) The design will be made more stable, because the old one had some play to it.
Also, I will be ordering the emulsion and ink soon. I tried for about a week to find a store that locally sold emulsion, and after checking around 6 stores, none had it. So, I guess I will have to buy it online.
I will make sure I keep everyone updated with the project.