Chiron FZ12W Tool does not clamp in spindle (HELP!!!)

Thread: Chiron FZ12W Tool does not clamp in spindle (HELP!!!)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chiron FZ12W Tool does not clamp in spindle (HELP!!!)

Hope I put this in the correct area if not let me know where I should post it.
    here is my problem. I was in need of replacing one of the tool basket in the machine. When I took the covers off, I notice aluminum chips cagged everywere. I scraped most of the chips off and then proceeded to blow off the all area with an air gun. After this and not sure if what I did cause this or a concidence, but when I went to due a tool change, the tool changed correctly but once in the spindle it does not clamp. However when I open the door the tool clamps but the machine does not let me due another tool change unless I re orient the tool and then the samething happens where the tool will not clamp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Claude

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Check the magnetic sensors for clamping.

Stefan Vendin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got back from my shop. I cleaned the switches connected to the up and down tool change with denatured alcohol and blew them clean with air. That must have been the problem since a lot of aluminum chips blew off of that area. My tool change now works as it did before. Thanks to anyone that tried to respnd to my question.

Claude

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone.
    I have also problem with my Chiron FZ 12 W.
    It's showe me NC alarm 7009.
    I know it is cause by some broken component, but I cant find which one becouse I don't have documentation for this machine (not all).
    if anybody know reason of alarm please help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

there is a sensor on the spindle houseing that lights up when the tool is in the spindle correctly u can see the light from it from the opertor door its in the area between the #8 and number 10 tool arm you will have to drop the tool arm to replace or to adust it also if u have the style of toolarms that locate on pins look where the pins locate on toolarm it may be packed full of chips so clean them out and the tool arm will reseat right this is what i have to do on the 2 fz12 and fz 15 and the o8s i operate

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again.
    I have check a sensor on the spindle houseing that lights up when the tool is in the spindle correctly, and its lights when tool is in the spindle.
    I will mention that I can not swivel table with comand M71, M31, M32.
    I can only lift it up with M90, and take it down with M91.Maybe some valve is bed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

there is 2 sensors on the spindle housing one that is about 1/2 in in dia that is an adujustable housing and another one that is lower on the spindle that is about 1/4 in dia .

As far as the pedenlum not turn that could come from machine not being in home postion if xyz and 4 or 5th arent homed most 12s will not index but could also be coming from the tool not being in the spindle ours let us do a m6t0 to empty spindle to check to see if it alarms then

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

alarm 7009 is this
    num:7n09
    drive alarm:AL to 09
    meaning:Excessive load on main circuit section
    Descriptionetects abnormal temperature rise of power transistor radiator.
    Remedy:Cool radiator then rest alarm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When empty spindle with M06 T00 alarms is still there.
    I'm tring to fix machine three days, so I don't think radiator is problem.
    If you can send me picture where I can see position of both sensors.
    What about swivel table.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will see if i can get a picture of them tommorrow . are all your axis homed out? cause if they arent the table may not index cause of a parameter that is turn on i would suggest calling chiron america and talking to robbie kanipe
    the number is 704-587-9526 he is a great help and can walk you through it if he dont know it he will find it out for ya and if ur nice to him he may even email u some litature on the machine just make sure you have the serial num off the machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok i just nooticed u was in serbia calling the america location may not be a good idea i would call another one of their branch offices and see what they have to say

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone! We use a preowned 1996 Chiron FZ12W in our machine shop and whenever the machine runs continously we have some great production. Occasionally we have some pneumatic problems. Any idea where we can get spare parts for the tool arms for FZ12W model and FZ12S models?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chiron FZ12W Tool does not clamp in spindle (HELP!!!)

hi folks
    i have fz12w 810m ga3 chiron because of dead battery i lost all parameters i found tea1 tea2 but i need pcp file if anyone can help ill be appricated
    thanks all.