Sudden problem with serial connections to machines

Thread: Sudden problem with serial connections to machines

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sudden problem with serial connections to machines

We have had 3 machines here in our shop connected to one PC for years now. A few days ago, I fired up the PC and was preparing to send a program to one machine and the DNC failed to connect to the machine. I assumed that maybe a wire got broken but upon further inspection, I had lost connection to all machines at once. I opened the device manager and noticed that the "Ports and LPT" tab was completely missing. I have attempted to reinstall drivers from microsoft and have issues installing any form of legacy software. It comes up with "The parameters are incorrect. This computer is running Windows 10. I have searched high and low on google for solutions to this problem but everything always comes up with solutions to problems with USB interfaces.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden problem with serial connections to machines-serialproblem1-jpg   Sudden problem with serial connections to machines-serialproblem2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sudden problem with serial connections to machines

call microsoft for problems with recent updates.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sudden problem with serial connections to machines

I had to roll back a computer to Win7 for a problem like this. Had one computer connected to 2 machines. I don't know what Microsoft did to serial communications, but they sure screwed it up.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA