Newbie Amada Aries 222 Floppy settings

Thread: Amada Aries 222 Floppy settings

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Amada Aries 222 Floppy settings

Hello guys,

I am new on working with this machine and get stuck all the way with different problems, that I hope someone knows how to solve.
    This is the main issue: saving a file from PC does not get to be read from the Aries. The machine needs to format the floppy disc itself, that it does fine, afther cleaning the wires well. It also copies programs from the main memory that it can be open on the NC, but not on the PC. The same vice-versa. So all the jobs must be done manually entering on the machine. I have read the documentation several times, also service ones, programing ones and did not get the answer. Then I got the file attached, but do not know how to enter the setting menu mentioned.
    Thanks in advance for your patience and help!

Attila

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amada Aries 222 Floppy settings-98002-compatibilite-2hd-floppy-disk-04pd-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Amada Aries 222 Floppy settings

If you are communicating with RS232 you need configured cable. You also need to configure the HIO board for communication. How do you know the drive is formatting the floppy? Ad a file from your laptop to floppy, put in aries and format. Is disk clean? no files?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I copy a file from internal memory to floppy (afther formatting it in the machine drive, not before) it appears on the list, on EDIT->I/O->LIST->FLOPPY. But can’t read it on my PC. What is the format that the machine writes/acceptes? .nc?
    Also did’t try the RS232 communication yet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have tryied adding a file from PC to floppy, then formatting it in the Aries, then the floppy is unreadable on PC, it asks for formatting. But returning it to Aries it sees it as formatted and is writable on the machine. So I think the floppy drive is working on the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AMADAJOE View Post
    If you are communicating with RS232 you need configured cable. You also need to configure the HIO board for communication. How do you know the drive is formatting the floppy? Ad a file from your laptop to floppy, put in aries and format. Is disk clean? no files?
    Joe,

Thanks for your help. Still, please give more details if you have about the HIO board configuration and the configured cable? Also I have received the USB comunication device for RS 232 but it receives just empty .txt files and cannot send anything.

Best regards, Attila

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kupas View Post
    Joe,

Thanks for your help. Still, please give more details if you have about the HIO board configuration and the configured cable? Also I have received the USB comunication device for RS 232 but it receives just empty .txt files and cannot send anything.

Best regards, Attila
    email me I will send you some info JOE@ALTPARTS.COM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AMADAJOE View Post
    email me I will send you some info JOE@ALTPARTS.COM
    Email sent.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, problem solved in the mean time, but thanks anyway.
    Do you know if this machine has the possibility of RAM lowering? Because it is moving in full course all the time.

Regards, Attila