Need Help! Amada Vipros External Oil Chiller Problems

Thread: Amada Vipros External Oil Chiller Problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Amada Vipros External Oil Chiller Problems

We have purchased an older Vipros 357 and over the past year, are working on getting it up and running. One of the first issues we came across was the chiller on the hydraulic system. We had that replaced prior to ever getting the machine running. Now that we can actually run programs on this machine, I am questioning the whiplash we are getting in the hydraulic lines. Every time the machine cycles the ram, all the lines jump.

I do not have a schematic of the hydraulic system.

Currently i see the main pump running into the machine and passing an accumulator prior to getting to the ram (should take out the whiplash i think).
    Then there is another system after the ram that should take out any more pressure spikes to my knowledge.
    After that it returns to a manifold that seems to have a few different outputs. One of these ports leads to our chiller system that has a smaller pump on it that brings the oil into a large radiator.
    Finally the oil is returned to the holding tank.

I think i need to take the chiller pump out of this sequence and run it straight off of the tank. I am getting the impresion that the small pump on the chiller unit is creating backpressure on the system as it wouldnt be able to handle the volume that the main pump is generating.

How are your machines setup?
    Is the pulsing in the hoses normal?
    Should i bypass the chiller to see if that helps the situation?

Any incite on this would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance all!!