Example CNC machine Setup Sheet + program backup

Thread: Example CNC machine Setup Sheet + program backup

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Example CNC machine Setup Sheet + program backup

Does anyone have a CNC machining setup sheet that they would like to share? Or have a link to one? We're looking for something to get us started tracking machining jobs so that we don't forget what we did when the same job returns in a year or two.

We're also looking for simple way to organize, track, and back-up our CNC programs. We only have a single CNC machine at this time.

Any recommendations would be very helpful. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Copy of Set-up sheet.xls

See if this works.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Get a USB memory stick to back-up your programs.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you need a backup program...i wrote a program this year after i discovered that you can copy All programs into one file from a HAAS-vf6 onto diskette. my program can copy and create folders to hard drive and split file into many single .nc files to view if you choose.

check out: http://www.gammaphase.net/haasdsk.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

I use my iPod to back everything up, it's like having a portable hard drive (if you're running windows 98 you need to download a bit of sotware, but with later windows versions it detects the iPod automaticaly). And it's got stacks of drive space.

Here's one of my job sheets. As you say, it saves a hell of a lot of time when you get the same job a year later.

Always, always, always make sure you get it in black and white what you're making (drawing No and issue). Customers have the endearing habit of changing things half way through production (bless them).

Attached Files Attached Files
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Downloads
    Uploads

Heres mine. I fill in all the lines in exel, print it out, then move the part on my screen of how I want the operator to see the set up, then reinsert the set up exel and print the screen shot in the big window.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We run only our own products. We log each & every CNC program into our database as a P##### which is assigned to the parts BOM structure & routing sequence. If there is a fixture or pecial tool, it to would be assigned a MT##### & tied to the BOM & routing. We supply a CAM generated setup drawing, a manually generated toool list & the program listing to the operator. Attached are all 3 for a given VMC program. it's the same process for HMC programs, but obviously the setup drawings looks different. I'll attach also an example. In the case of turning centers & millturns, we do not supply the setup drawing unless the job uses a holding fixture of some sort and/or uses fixture offsets, in which case we do.

For legacy programs (acusitions) where we need to quickly document setups but do not have time to redo the programs on our CAM system, we assign each the program number, create the tool list & take digital pictures of the setup, which we typically append to the tool list itself.

All of this info is stored on the network & the programs are downloaded each time the job is run. Manual program edits, while sometimes needed, are HIGHLY discouraged & not saved back unless absolutely necessary. This does happens for the leagacy data, but all needed edits are accomadated in the CAM file for anything that is in our CAM sytem. The goal is to download the program & run the job without intervention. Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Example CNC machine Setup Sheet + program backup-setup-jpg   Example CNC machine Setup Sheet + program backup-hmcsetup-jpg  

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am very busy right now, but the setup sheet examples I see are very interesting. I will have to get back to you.

Thank you to all who sent their setup sheets for me to view.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made a little computer program to save a great deal of time making setup sheets. I think that many people could benefit from it. All you do is open a .NC file and it gives you a setup sheet with all program comments, work offset numbers, tool descriptions, tool numbers, tool offset numbers, and the minimum and maximum X, Y, and Z values found in the program. Having that lowest Z number is really handy. It helps the person setting the tools know how long a tool should be. We encourage operators to edit programs and even to make tool substitutions if it improves the process. We save the picture or CAD image to reuse for page 1 of the setup sheet and make a new page 2 using this program when a repeat job comes in. That way we are flexible enough to make changes and we always have accurate setup sheets. The key is just to use good program comments. Put any key setup notes in the top of your part program and they will be reprinted every time.

The software was made for Fanuc .NC programs, but I believe it would work for many others. Give it a try and please let me know how it works for you. There is no charge to download or use the software, but I do hope that you would make a donation if it helps your business. Here's the link: NCProcessor: Create CNC Mill Setup Sheets, Tool Lists, and More!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Example CNC machine Setup Sheet + program backup

Programatron
    Your link is incomplete could you re post I would like to give it a spin

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The NCProcessor website is no longer active. The website was donation-based, and as it turns out this program only fits a small niche in the machining world. Most folks keep a computer close to the machine, so there is no need for a setup sheet, but for those who save .NC files and do a lot of repeat business this tool is very handy. I do still have the program and would be happy to give it to anyone who could use it. I would also be eager to hear any suggestions or requests for ways to make it better. In fact, if you are wanting something altogether different, I want to hear it. I enjoy programming and would like a new challenge! Please send me a private message through this forum and I will give you my email address. (I don't want to post it here and get bombarded with spam.) Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys,

I was searching for a CNC setup sheet for our machines and I found a free website for that caters for this
    Misetup::Home

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anybody else used and signed up to this website Misetup::Home
    As our company is a small work shop some of the features work great for us.
    We setup a Wifi network up in the work shop and brought some cheap tablets.
    We can communicate with sub users with texting and share the same info.
    We added our machines
    To my surprise they had information for a Star Machine KNC model
    All the KNC tooling in a library for access for my setup sheets
    Also G-codes, M-codes
    As we think it is a good tool we are now sending data to the website so they can put the other machines that we have in our
    work shop so we can have easy access to the data

Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

NCProcessor is now completely free and open source, and is available on Github. https://github.com/EricRawls/NCProcessor.
    It was written in Visual Basic, using Microsoft Visual Studio Express (which is also free, by the way, in case you want to tinker with the source code). Note: I did not make the Microsoft product link. I just typed the words and a sponsor of this site turned it into a link, which points to an expensive version of the software. I used the Community Edition, which really is free.

The description of NCProcessor can be seen in my old post below.

If you just want to download the .exe file, go to this link: https://github.com/EricRawls/NCProce...CProcessor.exe
    When you click "View Raw" it will download.

A side note: I am by no means a professional Visual Basic programmer. I actually leaned to use the language just so I could make this program. The reason I did so was because we simply could not find a piece of software out there that would do what we wanted. Every program we looked at had some huge flaw. Some tried to do what this one does, but failed. Instead of giving the tool name, it would give some other random comment as the tool name. You can't count on the tool name to be in a specific location. It may be on the same line as the tool change code, or before, or after, depending on the post processor. If you have a store of old programs that you are still using, there could be various differences in those tool comments. NCProcessor uses a little system of giving comments a score and picking the winner. The more it looks like a tool name, the more likely it is to be the winner. Anyone with a little knowledge of VB could poke around in the source code, grin smugly at my novice programming style, and see how it works. If you find ways to improve it, please share your work with the world and contribute to the project.

Last edited by Programatron; 05-21-2015 at 01:54 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, I'm still learning how to publish a Windows program. If simply downloading the .exe file doesn't work, you may need to run the setup program. (NCProcessor is very simple, so in most cases, you won't need to run a setup, but here it is, just in case.)

https://github.com/EricRawls/NCProce...lish/setup.exe
    Again, click "View Raw" and it will download.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Never mind. setup.exe doesn't work that way. Downloading NCProcessor.exe file is the only simple way to get it. The other comment is too old for me to delete it.