Need Help! C-tek KM-1500 PC based CNC MILL quits unexpectedly

Thread: C-tek KM-1500 PC based CNC MILL quits unexpectedly

Downloads
    Uploads

Default C-tek KM-1500 PC based CNC MILL quits unexpectedly

Hi all,

I have been reading and learning a lot from cnczone. I did a detailed search but could not find an answer to my problem.

I recently bought a used CNC Mill, made by a company in Taiwan, C-TEK. The model is KM-1500 made in 2003.

This is a PC based CNC mill, there is a PC board with a mobile celeron 400 Mhz CPU in it. It uses a CompactFlash (CF) card to boot to DOS and runs on very user friendly custom software. C-tek manufactured its own servo drives and I believe servos too

I used to own another CNC mill made by the same company made in 2007 and it used the same control software which is basicly why I bought this one cause i am familiar with the controls.

Here is my problem. Currently I am trying to manufacture a part. the gcode file size is 13Mb. I have no problem sending it thru the ethernet interface. The machine interprets the file, and reads all the lines, almost 2 million lines. When I run the file everything starts just fine. It runs for 400000 lines or more and quits unexpectedly saying it is finished. This usually takes around 3 or 4 hours.

The problem is it does not always quit at the same line. Sometimes it takes an hour (or 100000 lines), other times it runs up to 4 hours. No error codes or alarms are displayed. After it quits if I start it again from the line it quit, it will start and run for another hour or two. I am completely puzzled.

As I mentioned, there are no alarms on the display or on the servo drives. (no overheat or short alarms). What I do not understand is how it can quit without finishing the part and say it is finised and done. And how come it is after 2 hours one time and 4 hours another time. I am running the same program.

I would really appreciate any guidance,

Oguz