Need Help! hitachi seiki VS50 pc card pcmcia problem

Thread: hitachi seiki VS50 pc card pcmcia problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default hitachi seiki VS50 pc card pcmcia problem

Hi all, looking for some help on pc card/pcmcia.
    The machine has a Fanuc 18M control with the SEICOS software front end.
    I run a lot of programs that are point to point and drip feed progs via the rs232 but baud rate only goes to 9600 so cannot keep up and ends up bouncing,
    I want to use the pc card slot and have formated it on machine by using "turn on holding keys F10/F11) this worked ok and backed off the system data (2 files on card) So I know machine is seeing card and can write to it.
    But change to I/O screen and set card in slot, nothing happens. control does not see it (book says F10 should change to (pccard inout) but nothing.
    It may be a parameter that wants changing, think it may be one of the ones from PRM100 - 200.
    Any ideas guys?
    Thanks
    Colin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi:
    Have try with parameter 20, you must change it to 4

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default card

Thats ok with a fanuc front end, this is an hitachi Seiki front end, you set to "card" on the I/O screen and it should read it (according to manual) Ho hum will just have to carry on drip feeding.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: card

Hey Rocket, were you able to use your PCMCIA Card. I just got a VS50 and im having the same issue that is not reading it. Not sure if control is picky about what brand he wanna read, but honestly it shouldnt be like that, is just an electronic memory, but who knows. Let me know if you got something you can share with me regarding this. Thanks!!