I think you need this plug in, its in middle of the page.
Note that version 1 of shuttle pro doesnt work(as far as i know)
To anyone out there who has a "contour shuttle express" USB MPG Pendent,, HELP!!!
I purchased one of these pendents at the CNC WORKSHOP last week, and I cannot get it to work. As it is a USB Pendent, how does MACH3 see it and is there any software I must get to run it.
Capt EOD - there is a forum set in the Mach tech pages that deals with the Shuttle, but basically it comes down to this:
1) don't install the drivers for the Shuttle that came with it. If you did, UNINSTALL them; They will conflict and you will never get it to work.
2) Grab the plugin from Art's site and install it; just double click on it, you don't need a dedicated installer or copy to folder anymore...
3) Make sure the shuttle is plugged in, and restart Mach.
4) Pop through the plugins menu (in V3 r2, it's Config...Config Plugins...), click on the red X next to the Contour plugin line to change it to a green checkmark, and click on the yellow highlighted Config indicator...it's a button/link, but doesn't really indicate it...)
5) Select the Contour Shuttle, and program the top 5 buttons (since the picture shows a pro, it's actually the second row of buttons, not the top row of only 4).
6) Save and Restart again.
7) Mach should Beep upon starting to let you know the plugin loaded.
8) I have button 5 as EStop, which is basically the first thing I need to press on startup, anyway....
Here's some neat stuff: I had to manually change the product ID in the Mach XML file when putting this onto my Ramline PC. It went in just fine on my HP laptop, however. I've noticed that Art & Brian have a few more device options in the latest release....
I've modded my Express to fit into a pendant with extra buttons and a touchpad (mouse), plus 4 port USB hub, so I can do pretty much everything (except type/numbers) on the pendant. The screen of the Ramline mobile PC is a touchscreen, so I really don't need a full keyboard, anyway).
When I rebuilt the PCB for the Shuttle to fit into my pendant case, I probed through the unused pins on the controller IC. I now have a total of 13 buttons, instead of the original 5......
Any one tried to use this with Mach 3?
Are there any plugins?
GOTIS, The picture shown in your post is the same as the original model, but is marked for tormach. The unit uses the same shuttle express module, and you can use the link to the link is the same as in RUSTAMD post, it has a specific link in the PLUGIN to the EXPRESS in the lower right of the page you have the choice of the different models of the shuttle.
I now have the same unit working on my CNC machine.
Be aware that when you install the PLUGIN you must enable the JOG MODE.
Hi all, I have purchased a Contour Shuttle Express. I have downloaded the plugin from the Mach site. I can get everything to work except the outer ring. Has anyone had this problem and what is the fix. I have followed the install instructions from the Mach plugin but still can't make the outer ring work. Any help will be appreciated.
SAME PROBLEM AS BARRY ABOVE
anyone have any ideas for my above mentioned problem. It appears that some people have these working correctly.
micsit1, mine has started working after shutting the machine and computer down and restarting several times, but it is not as smooth as the one on my tormach mill. This one seems to have dead spots. I can turn the ring a little and it will move slowly, but if I turn the ring a little more it will stop. If I turn it a little more it will start at a little faster speed and so on. I am going to swap the shuttles tomorrow and see if I get the same response. I am not sure if the problem is with the shuttle or with Mach3. Will keep you informed. Hope you get yours working. I love the one on the mill. Makes setups a breeze.
Micsit1, I switched the shuttles between the Tormach mill and my cnc router and the results were the same. The contour shuttle and the Tormach shuttle had the same results as before. The problem must be in the Mach3 system. I will have to work on this some more to see if I can get the contour shuttle to react as smooth on the router as it does on the mill. May have to contact someone at Mach for help. The Tormach runs a version of Mach3 designed specifically for tormach. I may see if I can adapt it to run the router and see what the results are.