I put the Centipede board on a “Bridge Port II CNC” machine (a retrofit, that is running “DuGong” Drives and DC servos with 500 count encoders.
It has 3 axis X/Y/Z, and Spindle control (analog over TCP Modbus), coolant mist/flood, auto oiler, Powered Knee.
On Set up:
• Documentation was good, but I would recommend a “Set Up” video for a standard 3 axis mill, that users can watch as an overview.
• Board quality, and PCI where all VERY well done!! No recommendation here, super good looking product.
• Mounting: I would recommend selling an optional external board mounting kit (with standoffs etc.).
• On an XP machine, the setup was typical mach3 for a PP, I was VERY impressed with the seamless and painless integration.
• Recommendation to the above: I don’t think there is a reasonable answer for this, but I would LOVE for this product to be able to work
With Windows 7 (or evil vista), 64 again, I would recommend a Video here as well.
• I have run the Mill now, for daily use. I have had ZERO problems with the hardware.
Good product, well documented, open source code, on all products.
Customer support: Got GREAT technical support, and customer support.
NOTE: the card also now does LATHE threading!!!
COST: This product is NOT for the Cheapo buyer, it is intended for those who want Pro-level quality and performance with out the PRO price, but still pay a mid-level price point.
-Scott "Poppa Bear" Shafer
FusionCNC | Rhino3D | SSsystemsLLC | Automation Direct | Artsoft
Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/