Script for button or hotkey to switch between active high and active low on probe inp

Thread: Script for button or hotkey to switch between active high and active low on probe inp

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Script for button or hotkey to switch between active high and active low on probe inp

Do you know how I could create a button script or just a hotkey to switch between Active high and active low on my probe input? I use a probe and also a tool setter. So I always have to go and change it each time.

thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Script for button or hotkey to switch between active high and active low on probe

I don't think that you can.

Just set up two profiles, and use the appropriate one depending on what you'll be doing.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Script for button or hotkey to switch between active high and active low on probe

Ok thanks so much for the fast replies!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been messing with that for a while now and I don't think there is an easy solution. I think it was Edison that said "I haven't failed. I just found 100 ways it doesn't work."

Don't take this as gospel but:
    1. Tried macro to switch probe input between active low & active high. Couldn't find anything that says it possible.
    2. Tried turning probe input off. Moving probe/tool height input to a general input and using brains to set the probe button active as appropriate. Worked except when using G31 command. Apparently G31 would check the Probe input and give me an error message that it was turned off. Couldn't figure out how to bypass that error.
    3. Tried finding a normally closed, (N.C.) tool height gauge. No luck there.
    4. Tried using a simple transistor NPN switch to change the tool height sensor from a N.O. function to a N.C. function. I needed to bring in a separate 5vdc to run the switch and my switch seemed susceptible to noise. Can probably fix these issues but made this plan B.
    5. Currently working on using a momentarily SPDT pushbutton as my touch off sensor. I'm using a quality switch, ($12.00). So far it seems to be working. This was my last resort before falling back to plan #4. I've been surprised with its repeatability. It's easily within .001 inches which is plenty fine for me. I had it in a test jig but am now building a usable housing for it.

Any entrepreneurs listening? For all the people I hear complaining about wanting to use a N.C. digitizing probe and a N.O. tool touch off sensor in the same digital input, (probe input). I very surprised some isn't making a N.C. tool touch off sensor. There seems to be a demand.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk