Mach 3 tool setter Big-tex version - Page 5

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Mach 3 tool setter Big-tex version

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bbolinger View Post
    I want to thank you again Big-Tex. My problem was the verison I had installed. I reladed it and now have the edit button screen. thank you
    No problem at all.

I probably should think about charging tech support, that would get me out of debt fast.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by eloid View Post
    the logic for thin foil tape ie alumin duct tape, serves 3 purpose
    1, cheap fast,
    2 sticks to any noconductive surface, fast
    3. you can use hossmachine outside corner finder, also a center a pocket in hole easy in wood

http://www.hossmachine.info/forum/ya...ool-Probe.aspx
    I is not practical for router that is why it has been written this way.
    Many mill owner use it quite a bit as well and I have walked them through changing script and over phone tech support.
    This screen set is free and you are more than welcome to change it to your application.
    You mentioned cheap, I use piece of aluminum plating that was other man's trash.

Downloads
    Uploads

hemsworthlad

I have written script in 2 sections kinda as 2 scrips combined. In my opinion modifications can be done/found by end user easier.

Now it time for the rest since I got work stuff done.
    Here is SET ver.3 for download
    It contains English units and Metric just end user needs to change values as needed in applicable section of scripts.

If I have overlooked anything let me know....

Happy testing.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Big-tex; 05-27-2010 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Added new version

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Still Having Problem with Auto Zero

It's me again, starting to feel like a pest!

The basic problem is that when I click on the Auto Zero button my computer goes to 100% CPU usage immediately. This causes the Auto Zero routine to miss cycles when it gets to the "retract to final height" stage. Before that the routine works great finding the surface of my touch plate twice with 100% utilization of the CPU. The 100% CPU usage causes the retract process to miss cycles and my Z Axis ends up higher than it should due to the fact that the Z Axis DRO is missing cycles. On its way to the appointed height the count in the DRO it is slow getting there, letting the spindle go higher than the DRO says it is.

The computer I am using on the mill is a Dell with a 2.8 ghz processor with 1 gig of memory. The only installed programs, after installing XP with SP3, are Mach3, CamBam, and MachScreen. This machine is dedicated to the mill only.

I have looked at every setting in the Dell Setup Screen, nothing seems to be incorrect. I have gone through all the "Services" under "Administrative Tools" and see nothing that is set to AutoRun that could be causing the problem.

Last evening I installed Mach3 on TWO computers that I have in my office. Both are quite different. One is using an older processor running at 1.3 ghz with 2 gigs of memory. The other about a year old Toshiba laptop, fast and fully loaded with everything. Neither one is connected to a mill, just wanted to see what kind of response I would get if I ran Mach3 and clicked on the Auto Zero button.

The results are the SAME! Both machines immediately go to 100% CPU utilization. I have searched all over the web and cannot seem to find any kind of an answer that leads me to a solution.

I did find a reference to this problem in an old post by ger21. He told someone to put the following first line ahead of the VB routine. Declare Sub Sleep Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal dwMillliseconds As Long) The person did answer back that it solved his particular problem. I have tried that entry and nothing changes, still the same problem for me. I seem to remember that I found that information on the CamBam Forum sight.

I have read back through earlier posts and noticed that some have commented the Auto Zero routine did not work but caused their spindle to lock up and not retract. I suggest that is exactly the same problem rearing it's head because of different Z Axis motor settings. I can get that result by changing my Z Axis Speed and Accelerations figures.

I am thinking that the While Wend loops are where the processor is spending its time, going to 100% utilization while waiting to get out of the loops. I wonder if there is some different way of writing that particular functionality to stop the processor from going into that kind of a situation. I have worked with computers and computer languages since the beginning of the S100 Buss days, so I am not a Novice at computer stuff. I guess I need to brush up on VB Script and how it applies to Mach3.

I have run out of ideas and hope that someone out there with better smarts than mine can jump in and help sort all of this out, to a successful conclusion.

Thanks,
    George Race
    Race Consulting

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi George,

Yes there is a better way and i've seen how to do it somewhere, I will find it for you please bare with me on this.

Dean.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

George please try this, it's the complete code for both inch and metric but give it a try and see if it works in this formbefore you chop it just for inch.

The only differance is the declaration kernal and to make the While ismoving loop sleep for 100ms this way it cuts the CPU usage.

Hope it works.

Rem Rem VBScript To probe In the z axis 'Written by Big-Tex May 23 2010
    Declare Sub Sleep Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)

If GetOemLED(801) Then 'NOTE: This part of script is for Inches as Native Units

If GetOemLed (825) <> 0 Then 'Check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
    Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" 'this goes in the status bar if aplicable
    Else
    Code "G4 P1" 'Pause 1 seconds to give time to position probe plate
    PlateOffset = GetUserDRO(1151) 'Get plate offset DRO
    CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current feedrate to return to later
    Code "F12" 'slow down feedrate to 12 ipm

Rem Probe In the z direction
    ZNew = GetDro(2) - 6 'probe move to current z - 6 inches
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    While IsMoving() 'wait for probe move to finish
    sleep 100
    Wend

ZNew = GetVar(2002) 'read the touch point
    Code "G0 Z" &ZNew +.1 'move back +.1 to hit point incase there was overshoot +.1
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Rem End add lines

Code "F4" 'slow down feedrate to 4 ipm
    ZNew = GetDro(2) - .25 'probe move to current z - .25 inches
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "G0 Z" &ZNew 'move back to hit point incase there was overshoot
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

If PlateOffset <> 0 Then
    Call SetDro (2, PlateOffset) 'set the Z axis DRO to plate thickness
    Code "G4 P0.25" 'Pause for Dro to update.
    ZNew = PlateOffset + 2.6315 'calc retract
    Code "G0 Z" &ZNew 'put the Z retract height you want here
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend
    Else
    ZNew = + 2.6315 'calc retract
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)" 'puts this message in the status bar

End If

Code "F" &CurrentFeed 'Returns to prior feed rate
    End If
    Else 'NOTE: This portion of script is for Metric as Native Units

If GetOemLed (825) <> 0 Then 'Check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
    Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" 'this goes in the status bar if aplicable
    Else
    Code "F300" 'slow down feedrate to 300 mmpm

ZNew = GetDro(2) - 150 'probe move to current z - 150 mm
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "G0 Z" &ZNew + 3 'move back + 3 mm to hit point incase there was overshoot + 3 mm
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Rem End add lines

Code "F50" 'slow down feedrate to 100 mmpm
    ZNew = GetDro(2) - 6 'probe move to current z - 6 mm
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    sleep 100
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

If PlateOffset <> 0 Then
    ZNew = PlateOffset + 20 'calc retract
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend
    Else
    ZNew = 20 'calc retract
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "(Z axis is now zeroed in metric Units)" 'puts this message in the status bar

End If

End If
    End If

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeRace View Post
    It's me again, starting to feel like a pest!

The basic problem is that when I click on the Auto Zero button my computer goes to 100% CPU usage immediately. This causes the Auto Zero routine to miss cycles when it gets to the "retract to final height" stage. Before that the routine works great finding the surface of my touch plate twice with 100% utilization of the CPU. The 100% CPU usage causes the retract process to miss cycles and my Z Axis ends up higher than it should due to the fact that the Z Axis DRO is missing cycles. On its way to the appointed height the count in the DRO it is slow getting there, letting the spindle go higher than the DRO says it is.

The computer I am using on the mill is a Dell with a 2.8 ghz processor with 1 gig of memory. The only installed programs, after installing XP with SP3, are Mach3, CamBam, and MachScreen. This machine is dedicated to the mill only.

I have looked at every setting in the Dell Setup Screen, nothing seems to be incorrect. I have gone through all the "Services" under "Administrative Tools" and see nothing that is set to AutoRun that could be causing the problem.

Last evening I installed Mach3 on TWO computers that I have in my office. Both are quite different. One is using an older processor running at 1.3 ghz with 2 gigs of memory. The other about a year old Toshiba laptop, fast and fully loaded with everything. Neither one is connected to a mill, just wanted to see what kind of response I would get if I ran Mach3 and clicked on the Auto Zero button.

The results are the SAME! Both machines immediately go to 100% CPU utilization. I have searched all over the web and cannot seem to find any kind of an answer that leads me to a solution.

I did find a reference to this problem in an old post by ger21. He told someone to put the following first line ahead of the VB routine. Declare Sub Sleep Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal dwMillliseconds As Long) The person did answer back that it solved his particular problem. I have tried that entry and nothing changes, still the same problem for me. I seem to remember that I found that information on the CamBam Forum sight.

I have read back through earlier posts and noticed that some have commented the Auto Zero routine did not work but caused their spindle to lock up and not retract. I suggest that is exactly the same problem rearing it's head because of different Z Axis motor settings. I can get that result by changing my Z Axis Speed and Accelerations figures.

I am thinking that the While Wend loops are where the processor is spending its time, going to 100% utilization while waiting to get out of the loops. I wonder if there is some different way of writing that particular functionality to stop the processor from going into that kind of a situation. I have worked with computers and computer languages since the beginning of the S100 Buss days, so I am not a Novice at computer stuff. I guess I need to brush up on VB Script and how it applies to Mach3.

I have run out of ideas and hope that someone out there with better smarts than mine can jump in and help sort all of this out, to a successful conclusion.

Thanks,
    George Race
    Race Consulting

George lets give it a try on Fri night call me.

YOu got PM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

George try this i dont think the other will work but this may.?
    It's just the inch code.

Rem Rem VBScript To probe In the z axis 'Written by Big-Tex May 23 2010

If GetOemLED(801) Then 'NOTE: This part of script is for Inches as Native Units

Else

ZNew = GetDro(2) - 6 'probe move to current z - 6 inches
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "G0 Z" &ZNew +.1 'move back +.1 to hit point incase there was overshoot +.1
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Rem End add lines

Code "F4" 'slow down feedrate to 4 ipm
    ZNew = GetDro(2) - .25 'probe move to current z - .25 inches
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    sleep 100
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

If PlateOffset <> 0 Then
    ZNew = PlateOffset + 2.6315 'calc retract
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend
    Else
    ZNew = + 2.6315 'calc retract
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)" 'puts this message in the status bar

End If

End If

Else

ZNew = GetDro(2) - 150 'probe move to current z - 150 mm
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "G0 Z" &ZNew + 3 'move back + 3 mm to hit point incase there was overshoot + 3 mm
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Rem End add lines

Code "F50" 'slow down feedrate to 100 mmpm
    ZNew = GetDro(2) - 6 'probe move to current z - 6 mm
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    sleep 100
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

If PlateOffset <> 0 Then
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend
    Else
    ZNew = 20 'calc retract
    While IsMoving ()
    sleep 100
    Wend

Code "(Z axis is now zeroed in metric Units)" 'puts this message in the status bar

End If

End If
    End If

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problems Solved With Z Zero Routine

Hello Again All:

I am pleased to report that after much research, and a very helpful conversation with Big-Tex, I have all my problems solved with the Auto Zero routine that he wrote and called version 3 of his code.

My first big problem was that I was using a Development Version of Mach3 on my mill setup. On my programming machine I had a Locked Down version. I can tell you from experience that the Development Version is not one you should be running on your production machine! It was really causing much of my problem with the Auto Zero code and the way the mill was responding to commands.

The one problem that I was having on any machine was the 100% utilization of the CPU time as soon as I clicked on the Auto Z Button. That was resolved by using the Sleep() command.
    From the Mach3 VB Programmers Reference Manual: "A Sleep() call should always be inserted in any loop which might remain active for any period of time." "During this time other processes can then have access to the CPU" while in the While Wend loop.

I also noticed a couple of items that the Reference Manual said were "deprecated and their use was strongly discouraged." Just minor things but I though they needed to be changed. I also slowed the second touch down a bit more and it seemed to increase the accuracy of the touch point.

I am extremely pleased with the overall results. The Zero point is exactly on the money, every time. I made a simple touch board out of a piece of printed circuit board connected to the appropriate pin on my controller. Easy to do and very effective!

I have finished the next version of SimpleMill, a Mach3 Screen for 3 axis milling. It is on the web site for download if you would like to try it out.
    http://www.mrrace.com/SimpleMill/

Attached are a couple of screen shots from SimpleMill.

Below is the final code I ended up with. Thanks again to Big-Tex for his routines and encouragement for helping me solve my problems. In the code I used .937 as my circuit board was .063 thick. Makes my Z Axis pull up 1 inch. Really a very neat routine from Big-Tex!

Thanks also to all the others who suggested things to do. What a great sharing community this is!
    George
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rem VBScript To probe In the z axis

If GetOemLED(801) Then 'NOTE: This script is for Inches as Native Units

If GetOemLed (825) <> 0 Then 'check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
    Message "Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again" 'this goes in the status bar if aplicable
    Else
    Code "G4 P1" 'pause 1 seconds to give time to position probe plate
    PlateOffset = GetUserDRO(1151) 'get plate offset DRO
    CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'get the current feedrate to return to later

ZNew = GetOEMDro(802) - 6 'probe move to current z - 6 inches
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    While IsMoving() 'wait For probe move to finish
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

Code "G0 Z" &ZNew +.05 'move back +.05 to hit point incase there was overshoot +.05
    While IsMoving ()
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

Rem End add lines

Code "F1" 'slow down feedrate to 2 ipm
    ZNew = GetOEMDro(802) - .1 'probe move to current z - .1 inches
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

If PlateOffset <> 0 Then
    Call SetOEMDro (802, PlateOffset) 'set the Z axis DRO to plate thickness
    Code "G4 P0.25" 'pause for Dro to update.
    ZNew = PlateOffset + .937 'calc retract
    While IsMoving ()
    Sleep(10)
    Wend
    Message "Z axis is now zeroed in Imperial units" 'puts this message in the status bar

End If

Code "F" &CurrentFeed 'returns to prior feed rate
    End If

If GetOemLed (825) <> 0 Then 'check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
    Message "Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again" 'this goes in the status bar if aplicable
    Else
    Code "G4 P1" 'pause 1 seconds to give time to position probe plate
    PlateOffset = GetUserDRO(1151) 'get plate offset DRO
    CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'get the current feedrate to return to later

ZNew = GetOEMDro(802) - 150 'probe move to current z - 150 mm
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

Rem End add lines

Code "F50" 'slow down feedrate to 50 mmpm
    ZNew = GetOEMDro(802) - 6 'probe move to current z - 6 mm
    Code "G31Z" &ZNew
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

While IsMoving ()
    Sleep(10)
    Wend

If PlateOffset <> 0 Then
    Call SetOEMDro (802, PlateOffset) 'set the Z axis DRO to plate thickness
    Code "G4 P0.25" 'pause for Dro to update.
    While IsMoving ()
    Sleep(10)
    Wend
    Message "Z axis is now zeroed in Metric units" 'puts this message in the status bar

End If

Code "F" &CurrentFeed 'returns to prior feed rate
    End If
    End If

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach 3 tool setter Big-tex version-front-page-jpg   Mach 3 tool setter Big-tex version-full-screen-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone experienced the Zero function failing and instead of retracting after touchoff, it rapids at full speed down into the table?

Ive had it happen twice, it seems to be something in mach3. When it does happens I have to restart mach3 to fix it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Zero Function Failing

Dear Phife:

I had that happen many times during my testing of the Z Zero routines. Turned out that I was using a version of Mach3 that was a Development Version. It was version R3.043.00. When I went back to the Lockdown Version all that kind of action stopped happening. Also I noticed a big difference in the smoothness of the mill.

Also, if your Z Zero routine does not have a Sleep() statement between any While/Wend statements you may be running out of processor time which means your mill will not properly respond to the commands from the routine.

Do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and look at the processor utilization. If it is at 100% you are having a While/Wend loop problem.

Hope this helps,
    George

Last edited by GeorgeRace; 05-31-2010 at 07:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

3.043.00 was a special version of Mach3 for testing a new version of Cutter Compensation. It was not a normal development version. It was found to have several bugs in it. "Normal" development versions should be quite a bit safer to use, although I don't see any for download right now.

This was only need in older version of Mach3 (maybe 2-3 years ago?), and is now built in, and no longer needed.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    This was only need in older version of Mach3 (maybe 2-3 years ago?), and is now built in, and no longer needed.
    Thanks Gerry i,ve just realised that while altering and working on my new screen set which will be based on a altered 1024 set. Which hopefully will auto check for Inch or Metric units on all probes and will use Hoss's corner probes etc and Tex's tool change code.

It's a very frustrating but at the same time in a sick kind of way rewarding challenge.!!. . . . . . I'm loving it.

I will make it available to all when it's working and i've Ok'd it with TEX and Hoss to do so.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Phife

I have the exact same fault, I was about to report it to the forum myself, I've learned to just initial zero command once per session of loading Mach. If I need to run the command again I restart Mach. Though it might be something to do with the blue screen set.

Hi, George

I like you simple screen set. which button are you using for zeroing after a tool change? Are the rest of the offset screens etc the same as the standard 1024.set?

Hi, hemsworthlad

Looking forward to seeing your new screen set design. as the blue screen set is was to busy and not easy on the eye.

Regards Dale

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default SimpleMill Screen set

Dale:
    My SimpleMill has only the 2 screens shown at the bottom of the posting a few down the line. It is a very simple set of commands specifically built for the 3 axis router/mill user who is cutting out parts. It has the opening screen, which does everything I need, and the full screen presentation that I like to watch when cutting out a part.

The Zero Z button is above the entry box for your touch plate thickness to be entered. The auto zero really works very well. You can see it at the bottom center of the first screen.

George

Downloads
    Uploads

All works fine for me and it has been tested by several people.
    Make sure you have set up distance mode absolute IJ mode incr that is in general config

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive been playing around with my Z Zero setup for the past few weeks.

It works great about 95% of the time. There is still that 5% where it will either dive full speed into the table or retracts full speed until it hits the limit switch.

I still dont know what causes this, but I have gotten into the habit of testing the Zero routine far above the work piece with my hand on the estop, before I actually do a Z zero on the workpiece.

I find that if it works, it will continue to work for the entire time the machine is on and mach is running, if it fails it will continue to fail unless I restart mach3, at which point it will work fine.

So far I havent had any accidents, but i will continue to try and figure out what is causing the zero routine to fail once in a while.

Downloads
    Uploads

Phife,

Is it possible you have not run all the Mach 3 optimization setups for win XP ?

Do you have any wireless type devices or anything like that running? Possibly a networking system?

In the past I've heard of quite a lot of things that attribute to "odd" behavior when using the touchplate. Even just debounce noise setting in the General Config screen.

Just trying to help you think about some things that you may have overlooked.

Dave

Dave->..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Phife,
    The only time i have anything like this is when i've over rid the feedrate, occasionally for no apparent reason the feedrate doesnt go back even after i've re-set.?
    It doesnt do it very often like maybe 1 in 100 times so i havent botherd to track it down and to be honest i'm not too sure if it's a bug in mach or not because i've had this happen before i started using the probe.??

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is latest version 3.1 installer based.
    All you have to do is unpack zip file and click to install.
    It could not be any easier than that. even a caveman can do it now.

It also contain uninstall also link to this thread as support and link to Mach 3 website.

Enjoy.

Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast