Proper Computer and Chip for Mach 1

Thread: Proper Computer and Chip for Mach 1

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Proper Computer and Chip for Mach 1

I am wanting to use Mach 1 on my new router when I finish it. I have always had trouble running Master 5 or Mach 1 on my current PC. I tried again the final version of Mach 1 and this time it did run, but it was dog slooooow. I could almost see his code running like in de-bug mode.

I am going to be getting a different PC for the use of Mach 1/2 and I want to ask this group what Mother board and processor chip you are using that runs Mach 1/2 fine.

I have a Asus A7A266 motherboard with a AMD XP2100+ chip. This setup does NOT run Mach 1/2 at all.

Similar Threads:
    Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Wow, that's disappointing. From my brief research, it sounded like you didn't need too hot of a PC. I wonder if the program was camped a little to hard on the interrupt signals...

Please let us know what you find out. I was planning on putting a new machine on my desk, and putting my 800mhz box on the CNC, but now I might need to put the new box on the CNC.... or buy two.... What a disappointment.

Zeph

Downloads
    Uploads

The most CPU the faster the machine will run using that software, that is the trade off for using software verse hardware. I'm using a 350 pentIII on a Asus MB .

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Zephrant,

You are correct about the requirements of Mach 1. Art has told us what the minimum PC it requires. But he has had trouble with some brands of mother boards and my Asus is one of them.

My question is to find out who here on this board that has had the software run fine and what MB they have.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pent pentIII 700 and Win98.

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

CNCMAN -

Do you know the brand of your motherboard in your PC? Or maybe it is a complete system like Compaq, Dell, HP?

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using a Asus MB, it a home made, mix of different parts.

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi:

If your running Verrrrrrryyyy slowwwww, then that computer will probably run MAch1 fine. The slowness results from another process slowing the timing subsystem down after MAch1 has sped it up.
    Make sure you have no qtask.exe running in your process list, this has been known to do just what you describe.

Let me know if I can help any further,

Thanks,
    Art
    artofcnc.ca

www.gearotic.com
    Art Fenerty

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am about to purchase Mach2 for the college I work at in Chicago..

We are curious about what speed computer is required, and what CPUs are supported. We installed the demo on a 2.1ghz AMD and it crashed. Ive got the demo installed at home on a 1.1ghz AMD and it runs.... wierd.. slow, and after i close the program I have to reboot the computer.

We are about to purchase a new mainboard to upgrade a system to run mach2...

Please advise?

Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Downloads
    Uploads

To run mach2 software properly you must run it on a fresh installation of Xp with no other software running in backgroung...No internet, no lan, no anti virus software, no sound software just type ctrl+alt+del to see how many prog you are running in background, you will be surprised!!! If you want to run mach5, i have found that is more stable with win98se than xp. Mine run perfectly at top speed limited by mach5 at 8000Khz.I get 96 Ipm with my router table.

Hope this help,

Alex

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mach5?

Is there a new version?

master5?

Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

Downloads
    Uploads

Oups, sorry for the mistake, i use Master5.

Alex

Downloads
    Uploads

If this helps, I'm using an Asus A7V333 with a 2.1 ghz. with ATI 7500 All-In-Wonder graphics. Seems solid, although I'm not yet utilizing all the features of Mach2. Running at 45,000.