Need serious help setting 0,0,0 in Mach3 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need serious help setting 0,0,0 in Mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need serious help setting 0,0,0 in Mach3

Thanks Kev, I did and checked the boxes that you have checked and now it works as it should, just how I like it. Well, at some point, I will have to get smarter than the machine. I think with these new settings and my learning my machine, everything will be OK. Thanks for everyone's help, I can now sleep tonight. Bob.

Downloads
    Uploads

but there must be a setting that has ran amuck, because when the machine coordinates are not set at 0,0,0, along with work coordinates, when running a program, it will takeoff for the machine coordinates and not the work coordinates.
    Are you using a CAD/CAM combination? Or maybe you are using a program from someone else?
    In any event, it is clear that your program must have a G53 instruction near the start (as Gerry said). THIS is your problem. It is switching your machine from Work Coords to Machine Coords. Get rid of it! Nothing else is needed.
    If you are using CAM, get rid of the G53 from the Post Processor.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am using MasterCam for the cadcam program and a post from the Mach3 website. Now that I have corrected settings in Mach3, it works fine now. The only thing that I notice is that when I run a program on my Anilam machine, after the program runs, it always returns to 0,0,0, but with this post for my router, using Mach3 and its post, it returns to a position where the z is raised and to the start of x and y and not to 0,0,0, but I can live with that because when I get out of the program, I just hit, return to 0, and it goes back to 0,0,0, and that is OK, so I am getting used to the differences between the two machines and am very happy and thank you all for your help. Obviously, I couldn't have done it without your help. Bob.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by machining fool View Post
    Thank you, this will help. I have already looked at the settings page and already see some settings that are different, so I will try them. This will be very helpful and thank you very much. I will let everyone know if there is an improvement, Bob.
    If you have limit switches then then you have a home switch as well, Limit and home shear the same switch

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why would I need home switch routine? I have limit switches to keep from crashing my servos. Every job that I do is at a different place. Bob.

Downloads
    Uploads

You don't, the idea of referencing is just so the machine knows where it is. In effect, by the way you set your machine they aren't really needed. However, i have home switches because it means I can go from the machines home / ref position to any where on the bed and it repeats bang on every time.

Read my blog for help and advice for beginners on CNC routers
    http://the-cnc.blogspot.co.uk/p/home.html?m=1

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your knowledge and I appreciate it. I guess that If I ran the same parts all of the time that I would need a home position, but I don't, and everything is fine now with the new settings, and I can now run my router just like my Anilam mill with confidence. Bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12