Mach3 Handwheel?

Thread: Mach3 Handwheel?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 Handwheel?

I am looking for a handwheel, preferably similar to this one but wired.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CNC-6-Axis-USB-Wireless-Mach3-MPG-Pendant-Handwheel-Controller-for-CNC-Machine-/142221465180?epid=1164873445&hash=item211d0f565c%3Ag%3A2d8AAOSwEzxYZbgn&_trkparms=pageci%253Af3b561bf-b5c3-11e7-8466-74dbd180c3aa%257Cparentrq%253A3b07c97f15f0aa486b70 7fb2ffffbd2b%257Ciid%253A6

Does anyone know if they make one, and if so where can I find it?

Can anyone recommend an MPG handwheel that works well with Mach3?

Thanks
    Dave

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Handwheel?

Quote Originally Posted by yz400fer69 View Post
    I am looking for a handwheel, preferably similar to this one but wired.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CNC-6-Axis-US...%257Ciid%253A6

Does anyone know if they make one, and if so where can I find it?

Can anyone recommend an MPG handwheel that works well with Mach3?

Thanks
    Dave
    The same seller has this one for sale:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Wired-H...AAAOSw3v5YrAUE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried that unit inov8r? How did it work if so? I was looking at the unit posted
    as I like the idea of a knob setting the steps of the jog better than a button.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, I bought one of these little cheap units. So far I really like it. However, I do use the keyboard button when I am moving less than a couple thousands. I have a Tormach and they have the drivers for these. Tormach sells the exact same thing for 20 bucks more.
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...m=Y&sku=697104

I have a the wireless version of the second hand wheel posted. I quite like it. I have a few minor complaints about it. Mach or the plugin doesn't do well if Mach is processing certain things (like tool changes) if I attempt to move the table while the processing is occurring. This can result in the loss of reference and requires re-referencing and setup of the WC offsets. This can be frustrating as you might imagine. Really, I just had to get into the mindset of keeping my eye on the screenset, once Mach has cleared whatever operation its running I can then start input via the wheel. The second complaint I would have is that the wireless function is a little spotty at times. I don't have any issues with EM noise as far as the operation of my mill is concerned, I run zero debounce and never get any false signaling, but the machine makes enough EM that the hand wheel gets drowned out at times. I even moved the USB dongle closer to the machine with a shielded USB extender cable, and it helped, but still occasionally the hand wheel loses connection. It's only very briefly that it happens, but it happens. Otherwise I find the wheel easy to use. The spindle start/stop, XYZA controls all work fantastic, incremental and P6 mode function consistently, the reset and cycle start buttons are nice to have and the pause button comes in handy too. For the $90 I paid it was overall a huge improvement to all my operations. I'm adding 4th and 5th axis soon and eventually a 6th for a 3d print head, I'll probably buy the more expensive wheel you initially posted when I do.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the feedback.