Need Help! Problems with jogging...jogs a little and then stops? Hangs up while homing.

Thread: Problems with jogging...jogs a little and then stops? Hangs up while homing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problems with jogging...jogs a little and then stops? Hangs up while homing.

I've been very happily running Mach 3 on my Saturn router for almost a year. I have a windows laptop running smoothstepper with a CNCRouterparts control.

I made the mistake of unhooking the laptop to take to a friends to program an Ebike speed control (not sure if it's related or not). Usually I just run Vcarve and Mach 3, but this time I downloaded one file for the programming and that's it. In the future I'll just keep this laptop as an appliance and not mess with it!

Now when I try to jog to the home position it will move an unpredictable amount and then stop. If I try the step command for .100" it might move .030", or some other random amount. If I try to go home it'll say "homing Z axis and then just hang up.

Any ideas? I'm dead in the water!

Thanks for any help!

Ward

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problems with jogging...jogs a little and then stops? Hangs up while homing.

If you're running Windows, try restoring your computer to a time before you worked on the Ebike. That should unload any incompatible drivers.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problems with jogging...jogs a little and then stops? Hangs up while homing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    If you're running Windows, try restoring your computer to a time before you worked on the Ebike. That should unload any incompatible drivers.

Unfortunately there are no restore points...I guess the default condition is "off" with Windows.

Still looking for ideas...

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, I think I found the problem! I have a USB MPG, and if I unplug it everything seems fine now. Maybe there was something with the routing of the wiring of the USB cable and the Laptop power cable and noise?

I can try re-routing the cables now that I know it's not a Mach setting.

Thanks everyone!

Ward