Newbie Mach3 ref-all/homing questions.

Thread: Mach3 ref-all/homing questions.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 ref-all/homing questions.

I'm using the cncrouterparts standard 24x48 machine with a plug-n-play nema23 kit.

When I run Ref-all-home it stops on "Homing X-axis A-slave" in the status box. It doesn't seem to be doing anything, doesn't retract when I manually trigger the slave's proximity sensor. I have tried checking the scripts to see what is going on there but all it shows on the script editor is:

DoButton( 24 )
    DoButton( 23 )
    DoButton( 22 )
    DoButton( 25 )

I'm not sure where to go from here, any advice?

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to set the machine Z zero. on my old PC when I hit refallhome it would zero Z at the current location, but I cannot figure out how I got it do that before...

I know I'm probably about to feel stupid when somebody comes up with a quick/easy solution, but I'll take that if it means I can get back to work.....

Thanks for the help, guys.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 ref-all/homing questions.

Need to see your switch and other settings.

If this system is using a smoothstepper, there are also smoothstepper plugin settings you need to setup.

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to set the machine Z zero. on my old PC when I hit refallhome it would zero Z at the current location, but I cannot figure out how I got it do that before...
    Disable the Z axis home switch in ports and pins.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It is using a smoothstepper, I'm reading through manuals now to see what I can find about it. The one plugin I found in mach3 that mentioned it is the "Homing config", I checked the box that says enable ess homing so I guess I am headed the right way, just need to figure out what values to put in that table?

I disabled the z axis home switch like you suggested, and it did change the z zero so its a step in the right direction, but for some reason it "zeros" at 5.5"? I feel like I remember seeing 5.5 hiding somewhere in the scripts or settings earlier, any idea where I should look for that?

Thank you very much for your quick reply, I'm glad I finally found this place!

Elliot

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Disable the Z axis home switch in ports and pins.
    Changed "home" under config > homing/limits for z to "0", so that part is working as expected now, thanks again for the help there