Need Help! Anyone using Hypertherm powermax 45 without THC

Thread: Anyone using Hypertherm powermax 45 without THC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone using Hypertherm powermax 45 without THC

Hi, I am newbie for CNC plasma
    anyone could you help me I want to setup Hypertherm Powermax 45 with machine torch without THC for now . I Need wiring diagram how to hook up with CNC interface which is back on plasma unit.

I have normal 5 axis CNC controller bought from Amazon. I want to use Vcarve pro for cam and run from Mach3 as sender. Do I need also Post Processor for vcarve pro someone could you help me. Thanks
    Ubaid.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ubaidali; 09-18-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone using Hypertherm powermax 45 without THC

Just do a search for the CPC plug wiring diagram on the web and you'll find the pin outs. You can also buy the plug and pins from digikey and make your own plug & cable. I don't know about shipping costs or a local supplier where you are. Without a THC is fine unless you are cutting thin metal. Just make a floating head with a simple switch.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Coherent, can you help me in this wiring where I do hook wires from CPC port pin 3 & 4 to my controller I attach Image my BoB. do I need any external 5v dc relay single channel/double channel?
    Pin 14, 13 and 12 this will start arc? I dont know can I leave this port or do I use these pins and wiring to cnc controller?
    Pin 6&5 I think it will use for THC arc voltage divider?

Now I want just make some cuttings without THC if get good results I want move with TCH but for now without THC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Hypertherm powermax 45 without THC-41dd-a8dunl-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The photo of the BoB isn't high enough res for me to see it very well but I found a manual for a matching China made Bob here... https://warp9td.com/images/BOB_Vendo...line/ST-V2.pdf

it looks the same. Your Bob has a relay. The 5v and ground on the bottom right pins are for the Bob /stepper logic and do not power the relay. On the right side next to the relay there is a connection terminal for 12-24v and ground. It says optional but to use the relay it is required. Use a 12v power (no more than 18vdc max) for the spindle on/off cpc connections. Also on the right is where you connect the wires to the CPC pins 3-4 to complete the circuit that fires the torch via the relay. You also must make sure the jumper next to the relay is connected so that it sends the signal to relay spindle on/off instead of pin 17. You will then set Mach settings to pin 17 to turn the relay for the spindle/torch on & off. (it will use the connections on the bob for the spindle on off, not actually pin 17). The instructions will show how to set up the spindle in mach. Be care when shutting down Mach if the plasma cutter is still powered on, Once the logic is turned off on mach to the Bob.it may change the relay pull state and fire the torch.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi coherent,
    Many thanks for reply sorry for image resolution you did help me I appreciate for BoB picture is pdf shows great details.

I got your steps kindly look once I will connect two wires from spindle on/off to directly CPC pins 3-4 ?
    or do I need external onemore relay (5v dc relay) I will attach relay image I not get relay wiring kindly see these have three pins input/output (VCC/GND/IN) for input and output (NO/COM/NC)
    and I am new to Mach3 settings for pin 17 how to do this kindly explain me steps.

1) I want to know do I require these additional external relay or I directly wiring from spindle on/off pins to CPC pin 3-4

2) Do I need special Post processor because plasma need on off while cutting I have Vcarve pro for cam. how ever this is not much problem just once wiring finish - Thanks for help

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using Hypertherm powermax 45 without THC-5vrelay-jpg  
    Last edited by ubaidali; 09-19-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You don't need another external relay. Just use the one built on to your breakout board. The CPC connection (pins 3-4) will connect directly to your bob along with the 12v power required to operate the relay pull.

You need a post processor that adds the correct M/G code to turn your relay/torch on and off. I use Sheetcam. A post is available for it that adds the correct code to your cut file gcode. I wouldn't be without it. You really should have a floating head for the torch mount on your Z axis. It will determine the metal surface height and then set the pierce and cut height. You may already have this, but if not do a search for floating head on the web or this forum. It's just a simple sliding mount that uses a simple micro switch to probe and set the heights for you. Sheetcam will also add the code to probe before each cut. I have no connection with Sheetcam, but it will make things much more simple for the plasma. It's very reasonably priced considering the added benefits. (it will also allow simple lead ins, lead outs, tabs, cut order etc etc).

Vcarve and Aspire etc are great for carving and router work, but aren't really designed to create plasma cut gcode for mach. Sheetcam is.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I bought floating head for Torch mount for my CNC plasma could you help me how it works what settings do I need in Mach3/sheetcam. am new to these. I have trial version of Sheetcam for testing. also another option is Fusion 360 to try first how it works.

Floating head is common and need limit switch to be mount but where I can mount top/bottom postion?

I will do this to start job.
    Slowly jog Z axis towards the material surface, so that the nozzle of plasma torch is just barely touching the surface of material. You can help yourself by adding a sheet of paper between torch nozzle and the surface of material. Start moving the paper and when you are not able to move paper anymore, set work position Z to Zero.

Please can explain after this step what to do? with using floating head.

Last edited by ubaidali; 10-18-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

hi.i have same problem to wiring plasma to my cnc.i used bob 5 axis.just consufed how plasma off when the z axis is up.how to controll it on/off?thanks for help