Need Help! Mach3 - BOB - Loosing steps - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mach3 - BOB - Loosing steps

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 - BOB - Loosing steps

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPlaneDoc View Post
    ~
    That router used to have Mach3 and a Galil motion controller, that was the most unstable platform I ever used.
    ~
    Linux runs more than fast enough on old PCs
    ~
    Didn't you post this elsewhere;

Galil is awesome BUT, the plugin for Mach3 is buggy and devoid of many features.. I'd advise against using it with Mach3 - I'm sorry I used it for my CNC router.
    The machine will stop without any idea as to why and only a reboot will get you out of the failure mode. and the auto-Z doesnt work at all.
    A high-volume poster here who was supposedly an expert told me it was a driver problem and couldn't offer an alternative... quantity over quality I guess

My new router is running PathPilot perfectly.. Never again will I use Mach.

Much of my Galil stuff is destined for eBay.
    And if so, what's the precise connection between Windows' shortcomings vs Linux's alluded to in this exchange here;

Let me explain why I asked;

Any Windows operating system after 98 doesn't give the parallel port priority with relation to time. Hence why many systems have moved away from the parallel port. The pulses can be interrupted by anything Windows deems more important, hence lost pulses. You do not have this problem is running Linux, or other operating systems.

James L
    Precisely why I stopped using any Mach product, and went to LinuxCNC/Pathpilot.
    Zero issues since.. absolutely zero.
    BTW, what step rate does LCNC limit you to based on latency-test results?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 - BOB - Loosing steps

Quote Originally Posted by eldata View Post
    BTW, what step rate does LCNC limit you to based on latency-test results?
    I dont have any idea, and I dont plan to find out.. why? because I simply dont need to.
    Win I ran Windows/Mach I was constantly having to tweak settings, troubleshoot problems, check with user boards, etc... just to make something..

When I made the switch to Linux/LinuxCNC that all went away.. Now I just make parts, I dont need to know the intimate details of how trons move around inside my computer box.. I just make parts.
    I have these machines so I can make stuff and make money. I'm not interested in trying to tweak weak software into working.. I got work to do.

some folks buy cars so they can fool around under the hood.- they like to chat about cam timing and compression ratios, hack-in to NOS and see how fast they co go a city block....

.. I got places to go.

Automated Machinery Designer - PCNC1100 Series III upgrade, Graziano Sag 12 Lathe
    Solidworks 2016 (SW Certified), HSMWorks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12