Z Axis Moves One Direction

Thread: Z Axis Moves One Direction

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z Axis Moves One Direction

Problem with Z AXIS pin 6 and 7 motor only runs one direction. Swapped drives problem stayed the same. Took the terminal block off A axis and Z axis Drives . Swapped them now z axis will move in both directions A now only one way. So the direction pin is not working. I am to assume my break out board is bad? Software is set z axis pin 6 and 7 A axis 8 & 9 .The software shows a change in direction, in the dro when pressing jog buttons .The system is a smooth stepper feeding a c-10 break out board. The motion is very smooth and quiet. It fixed my p-port problem or driver issue. I am also having a problem with limit switch input. But that’s for later

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by gabedrummin; 07-04-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z Axis Moves One Direction

That is usually a sign of bad or no contact on a motor pin. Try another set of pins other than the two that you know are bad. It could be a bad solder on the BOB.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

You most likely already have but while you're at it, take a meter and re-check all of your cables. Not just for good continuity with each wire, but for a shorts between any two wires or to ground. Wiggle the cable as you check each wire to check for possible intermittent issues also.

Downloads
    Uploads

My machine is using 4 gecko 320x drivers .They have a terminal block that can be removed with all the wires connected. So I removed the block and switched the Z axis block with A now Z works so that rules out a wiring problem encoder problem , motor or driver problem . It leaves the connection between the smooth stepper and breakout board or a problem with the smooth stepper or a bad C-10 break out board .I'm leaning toward the C-10.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pic taken before all wiring was done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z Axis Moves One Direction-img_0988-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I have had several C10's go bad in the exact same manner.

Lee