Need Help! Error found, Art Code: 1, Attempt Recovery?

Thread: Error found, Art Code: 1, Attempt Recovery?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Error found, Art Code: 1, Attempt Recovery?

Hello, Got this error message at boot up, attempted recovery over and over but it did not work. Did a Windows system restore, 2 a couple months prior, no luck. Replaced/Copied/renamed an old .xml file. that did not work. Booted to the genric .xml and treid Operator/Restore option in Mach3, and that did not work. Finally started from Scratch and re-did all the input ouput motor settings motor tuning homing and limits, hand many wierd things occur with this process???????? but final, after losing an entire day got it going again,but with issues.
    1st question:ever encounter this error, and how did you recover?
    2nd question:Is there some order of operations for system configuration?
    3rd:I kill power to the steppers by dropping power to the big DC power supply and stepper drivers rapidly, but leave the pc and breakout board hot. Think thats a problem?
    4th: The gantry(X Axis) is driven by 2 400oz-in steppers. When referencing all home(Z and Y work perfect), it (X Axis Gantry)hits the switch, the slaved motor doesn,t stop, and the machine tries to tear itself apart. Before this recent error, it (X Axis Gantry)would hit the switch, back off the switch, move to the switch again, then off, all in quick smooth movements. I beleive this has to do with my motor acceleration value"
    's, but it could be my limit swicth settings????? of course, i never documented the orginal setup. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks