Need Help! mach 3 stopped working

Thread: mach 3 stopped working

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mach 3 stopped working

I have been working on converting a dyna mech dm2800 over to mach3. I'm using a g540 and a ESS. Had a little trouble here and there but got it working all but the limit switches. I bought a P1A-S control pendant from vista cnc and down loaded what I needed to and it worked great. I get home late so my machine might sit all week. When I went to start up my computer it would not start until I unhooked the pendant. When I got it up and running and started MACH3 it did not work.(you know when you start MACH3 there is a blue line that goes across the screen well that is gone) It's showing the XYZ axes moving on the screen but not the machine. Also on start up there is a notice that says one or more motors are tuned to high for the kernel speed I have and they worked fine before. Also cannot look at plugins on MACH3 until it is communicating with the smooth stepper. I'm lost here can anybody help. THANKS

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: mach 3 stopped working

If Mach 3 was not shut down right all setting go back to the last time it was saved ( saves every time you shut down Right)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I shut it down the same as I always do. It's not just the pendant that isn't working nothing is working. And there is nothing telling me why it is not working. Thanks for your reply

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you save the original XML file that worked? It sounds like the pendant software might have over-written some of the crucial settings. I'd suggest abandoning the pendant for now and trying to get back to the settings that worked the first time, even if you have to edit the configuration by hand. Once it's back to running, then get together with Vista CNC's tech support and try to figure out what's going on with the pendant - but save the XML file that works first.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply. I found out what it was. I looked at the instructions again for the pendant and see I loaded it wrong. If wiped out the ip address for mach3. Going to reload and it should work