I would like to zero out my tools at the TOP of the Vacuum bed (Black Phenolic slab) and then add the thickness of my spoilboard to it in the mach3 software. What I am hoping to accomplish by doing this is to make it so that I dont actually cut into my spoilboard when running my toolpaths and make it easier to flycut my spoilboard by changing the thickness in Mach instead of in VCarve. I am going to leave my Spoilboard toolpath cut depth in VCarve at "0" and then just minus .05 or so from the thickness of the spoil board saved in Mach. I know it can be done with other controllers like Syntec. In Syntec I lower the bit down to the Vacuum table top and enter the "Z" Absolute value as the length of the tool under tool setting. I then input the the thickness of the spoilboard under "External Shift". When I am ready to flycut the spoilboard I just minus .05 or so from the value saved in "External Shift" while leaving my toolpath set at 0

Questions:
1: How do I do this in Mach 3?
2: If it can be done, will Mach save the settings so I do not have to update this every time I start it up?

Thanks