Need Help! Speed control of spindle through my bob

Thread: Speed control of spindle through my bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Speed control of spindle through my bob

Hi There
    First of I would like to Congratulate the Mach3 people for their most wonderful software also thank this forum, for giving me the opportunity of placing my question here.
    I need help on the issue of controlling the speed of my Spindle through my Bob.
    I am putting together a wood cutting 3 axis CNC Machine.
    I am using a typical so called 5 axis Popular Chinese Bob of which, I am attaching a supporting Docs.
    Also I am using a 3 Hp., LS Inverter, Plus a Single phase 3 Hp Spindle of which I am also attaching the supporting docs.
    Also I am using Mach3 Version R3.041.
    Finally a 24 VDC 20 amp Power supply.
    I managed to run My step Motors, Emergency Switches and limit switches …, and all is fine, I can also stop and Run my spindle through the Bob.
    But I just cannot control the speed of it. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.
    I think I am doing something wrong in my Mach3 Settings, because the Inverter and bob Connection is very straight forward, and I am attaching the V1 from spindle to the 0-10 Volt of my Bob, and com to Gnd of the Bob(Top Row Terminal Of my Inverter, from the picture), similar to my stop and run(Bottom Row Terminal Of my Inverter).
    Regards
    johnansaro

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speed control of spindle through my bob-5axisboardsetup1-pdf   Speed control of spindle through my bob-settings-jpg   Speed control of spindle through my bob-start-guide-ls-ic5-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Speed control of spindle through my bob

Measure the voltage at the VFD between V1 and com, and see if it's changing with rpm changes. It should be 10V at full RPM, and 5V at 50% RPM. If the voltage is correct, then your issue is at the VFD.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Speed control of spindle through my bob

Hi there
    Thanks for the reply. It is all fine now, I just followed the Bob's attached docs. Instruction and every thing went just fine.

Regards