Mach 3 Tool table setup

Thread: Mach 3 Tool table setup

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach 3 Tool table setup

Hello all,

I am a complete novice when it comes to CNC and I am having trouble getting my tools in my tool table to zero.

I have the Tormach tool system on my CNC converted grizzly g0704 running Mach3. I have measured all the tool heights Tormach's granite block and digital height gauge. I ever pulled up the diagnostics tab and got the exact measurement the probe engages.

I start by referencing all axis home with tool 0 then switch to tool 1(probe) before running very simple Gcode... Example: G31 Z-0.5 F1.00, once the probe picks up I manually set the DRO to 0.0000.

When I change tools and bring down the next tool to zero I am am slightly deeper than the original zero. I have measured my backlash to be around 0.007". I am off by ~0.040 to ~0.060.

I am confident my tool heights are correct and when I manually change tools I select the correct tool and the working offset is correct. I do not believe my backlash would cause that much of an issue?

Any help/procedures I could try would be great!