Mach3 ignores M3 command all of a sudden

Thread: Mach3 ignores M3 command all of a sudden

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 ignores M3 command all of a sudden

Happened twice to me today and cost me a broken 0.5mm drill bit.

All of a sudden Mach3 just starts ignoring the M3 command. It does not turn the spindle on, nor does it wait for the spindle to spool up (I have spindle delay time set to 7 seconds). Manual spindle on/off button works fine, so there are no hardware problems. After I restart Mach3, it starts working again... who knows for how long.

As much as I love Mach3 software, I think I will try something else whenever I build my next router. And I'm afraid it won't be Mach4 either.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 ignores M3 command all of a sudden

A common issue for some people is the M3 macro becoming corrupt. Try creating a new one from scratch, or copy one from another profile if you have more than one.

It also could be due to a corrupt .xml file.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Restarting Mach3 fixes the problem (until the next time, that is), so it's likely a memory corruption issue rather than config file corruption.
    I noticed that those weird problems with Mach3 usually occur after the G-code execution is interrupted a few times with the STOP button.

Downloads
    Uploads

Citizen,
    You might have noise issues. If you have a spindle they can create a great deal of EMI between the Spindle and the VFD, these can cause Mach3 or any other CNC software to suddenly stop responding. That would be my guess as the M3 command is so basic to Mach3 and so many people run that it would be unlikely a bug in Mach3. You can probably prove it to yourself by disconnecting the VFD and Spindle and listen to the relays click when you issue a M3 S6000 command for example, bet it works perfect. Now when you power up the VFD and do that again it might stop working that is often how the EMI noise can impact the user.

Russ