Need Help! Spindle Relay Control with Mach3 and MX4660

Thread: Spindle Relay Control with Mach3 and MX4660

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Relay Control with Mach3 and MX4660

Hello,
    We just finished building this CNC from cncrouterparts.com. We ran a couple successful test runs and are now trying to hook up our spindle (a normal router) so that it is controlled by Mach3. We purchased this relay board and are trying to configure it with our MX4660 controller and Mach3. We simply want the router to be on/off and are not using a VFD. We have tried configuring in Mach3 to use output pin 1. We have not been able to read any voltage when the pin is toggled in the Diagnostics window.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or other ideas?
    Thanks,
    icecats

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Relay Control with Mach3 and MX4660

Did you configure an output in ports and pins, assign pin 1 to it, and in the Spindle tab of ports and pins, assign the output to M3, and uncheck disable spindle relays?

How are you toggling it in the diagnostics screen?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I believe that we did all of those things. In order to toggle the spindle in diagnostics, we press "Spindle Toggle," and then the output flashes red.
    Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever figure this out? I also have a MX4660 and am experiencing the same issue. According to their documentation, I may need to provide a 5-24VDC relay power supply...
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, we contacted CNCrouterparts and they provided us with this answer:

I would run your relay off of Output 1. I would wire Output 1+ to the coil -, and Output 1- to your power supply V-. Your power supply V+ should be tied to the coil + on the relay.
    Output 1 corresponds to pin 17, so under config->ports and pins->output signals, assign Output 1 to pin 17. You can then go to the spindle setup tab and assign output 1 to CW and CCW functions.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

I have a PowerSwitch Tail II relay, and it's spec says "DC input: 3-12vdc (3-30ma)". Im not sure, but I think the power supply from CNC router parts is outside of the specs for the relay. Ill check with CNCRouterParts on Monday.

Thanks again!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bless you icecats You saved my sanity. I've been working on this for days. Really didn't get a good answer from CNCrouterparts when I finally ran down how to contact them. I have tried everything I could find (not much on the MX3660) on YouTube and forums. I don't consider myself a novice on electronics either. The manual from Leadshine was absolutely no good at all. The part where they give all the data about the outputs was totally confusing. Output 1: "used to connect the digital signal, sent through DB25 "input 1" from the motion controller to the connected external device here" WTF??? Then there were other helpful suggestions about how to wire it up breaking the + side vs. breaking the - side. Sigh, YOu really saved my sanity. Thanks again. This finally works.

The Oldergeek