Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far

Thread: Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far

Hello - I've been pulling my hair out trying to get Mach3 control of my Chinese 2.2kw spindle with modbus through a Hitachi WJ200. Unlike many of the threads I've read on the subject, I've gotten past the point where my rs485 converter is talking to the Hitachi. I can open the serial port and read registers from the WJ200, I just can't get Mach3 to control the spindle. I believe I've got some dumb error on the Mach setup screens or the brain config. Attached are screenshots of all the applicable (I think) settings. If you see anything obviously wrong, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Kent

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_44_21-png   Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_43_59-png   Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_43_39-png   Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_43_31-png  

Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_43_09-png   Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_42_41-png   Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_42_09-png   Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far-screenshot-4_15_2014-8_41_46-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 modbus settings with Hitachi WJ200 - so close yet so far

Any suggestions on where I should look to debug this? This is the last item left to finish on this project.

Thanks,
    Kent

Downloads
    Uploads

Hitachi makes good drives. Their manuals are horrible though. It is very hard to understand & find info.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same setup: WJ200, 2.2kw, using Mach3. Has anyone figured this out? What was the solution? Can somebody send me your brains file? The spindle isnt moving at all, and not sure where to start debugging

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the sme problem with my Hitachi VFD. Give up the fight, sooo, now the on/off function is controlled by Mach3 and speed is controlled by potentiometer installed near the keyboard.

My 2¢

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for not having updated this old thread, but the solution I found was to try a different eBay RS485 converter. At only about $5 each, I bought a couple more from different sellers and all the problems were solved. I then found after a couple months of non-use that the spindle stopped working again. I broke out the spare converter and I was back in business. Lesson learned - always keep a few spares on hand!

Downloads
    Uploads

The problem for me was that I couldn't set the rpm's right. The pulley setting did not have any affect at all.

My 2¢

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kbmyers View Post
    Sorry for not having updated this old thread, but the solution I found was to try a different eBay RS485 converter. At only about $5 each, I bought a couple more from different sellers and all the problems were solved. I then found after a couple months of non-use that the spindle stopped working again. I broke out the spare converter and I was back in business. Lesson learned - always keep a few spares on hand!
    Do you recall which one you bought that ended up resolving the issue? We also bought a cheapy, so I wonder if this could be our problem as well. Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do not have the RS485 interface in use so I really no knowledge of this area. But when looking at the screen shots provided the "Relay control - Clockwise M3" value is set to 3 and the "CCW M4" is also set to 3. Is this correct that the same signal is used for opposing directions?

Downloads
    Uploads

But when looking at the screen shots provided the "Relay control - Clockwise M3" value is set to 3 and the "CCW M4" is also set to 3. Is this correct that the same signal is used for opposing directions?
    No, it would send both CW and CCW signals to the drive at the same time.
    However, most router users only use CW, and have no hardware wired for CCW. In that case, the Output 3 in the CCW field doesn't do anything.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    My Hitachi X200 vfd just went up in smoke, been working great for years, was using Mach3 to control the VFD thru modbus. Just changed out the Hitachi drive to the new WJ200 series. Now I can not get the setup to work. Does anyone have the settings to use in Mach3 for WJ200? Plus I also need the brain file, and the parameters for setting up the WJ200 Hitachi drive