XHC wireless pendant - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XHC wireless pendant

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: XHC wireless pendant

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoMan View Post
    If I had your source code I could write this very well. I know you don't want to do that but people could write code for a product like that easily. The physical part is the expensive thing. The driver to use it is easy, and if someone copied your product they would just copy the compiled driver anyways.
    This would be the best solution. Releasing the source code, all the configuration problems will be quickly solved and it will be also the possibility to create alternate versions to suit one's needs. And this, for sure, will greatly increase the product sales!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by paulus.v View Post
    This would be the best solution. Releasing the source code, all the configuration problems will be quickly solved and it will be also the possibility to create alternate versions to suit one's needs. And this, for sure, will greatly increase the product sales!
    It would! Also, the LinuxCNC users would write their own driver. This would double your sales!

But I worry. Does the XHC hardware actually guarantee that every pulse on the wheel will be counted and sent if you spin the handwheel fast?

Oh look, someone already has the protocol:

Planet CNC ? View topic - XHC WHB03 WHB04 mpg support

wheel - it is direction and speed of wheel... when we spin wheel to CW dir it will be positive from 1 to 10 ( maybe little more... and this value based on current spin speed ) and when spin wheel to CCW value be negative from -1 to -10 ( based on spin speed too )
    Does that mean the absolute count of how much the wheel has moved this data cycle is at most 10? If we spin faster, does it save it and report the extra on the next data cycle?

Downloads
    Uploads

At first I thought that the erratic jumping of the selected axis, as mentioned in previous post, was the Xhc and than noise from the VFD, it turned out to be neither.
    The problem was if I select "Velocity Only" from the "MPG Mode" function on the MPG display, I will get .065" jumps every 10 to 15 seconds. It runs fine if I select "Single Step %" instead. The lathe ran all day yesterday without a hitch. Could someone please explain the function of the "Velocity Only" and the "Single Step %" settings? Bob

Last edited by bpratl; 03-02-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have one - but it looks like 2.6+ of linuxcnc already has xhc support

LinuxCNC Documentation Wiki: Using A XHC-HB04 Wireless MPG Pendant

sam

Last edited by samco; 03-02-2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added video

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bpratl View Post
    At first I thought that the erratic jumping of the selected axis, as mentioned in previous post, was the Xhc and than noise from the VFD, it turned out to be neither.
    The problem was if I select "Velocity Only" from the "MPG Mode" function on the MPG display, I will get .065" jumps every 10 to 15 seconds. It runs fine if I select "Single Step %" instead. The lathe ran all day yesterday without a hitch. Could someone please explain the function of the "Velocity Only" and the "Single Step %" settings? Bob
    "Single step" is limited to real low speeds, I think it's commanding a single step and fullstop... or at least Mach3's maybe only being fed 2 steps at a time so it's like "ok here 1 step and don't go any faster because you as far as you know you will have to stop after the 2nd step" but then when the first step is done and it starts on the second, it issues a 3rd step. But it doesn't know what's up ahead to go faster.

Yeah it works for real small adjustments, but it's doing it so wrong when you turn it fast and get ahead of the handwheel. It just caches the extra steps but doesn't try to speed up when it's behind.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your explanation, there is still a lot of hidden mach3 functions that I am unaware of. Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

New version of Shuttlepro.dll 3.6 is now available.

http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/downloads/view_119.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bpratl View Post
    New version of Shuttlepro.dll 3.6 is now available.

http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/downloads/view_119.html
    Tried it, it ran poorly. I downgraded to the prior version. I will have to take another look to really be able to describe why I didn't like it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MechanoMan View Post
    Tried it, it ran poorly. I downgraded to the prior version. I will have to take another look to really be able to describe why I didn't like it.
    Have you retried version 3.6 yet? Just curious, what problems have you experienced with the newer version? To me 3.6 worked much better that 3.58 that I started with. If I do 10 turns at moderate speeds I do gain or loose a few thousands, which is not a problem as I only been using the MPG for setups. Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for (XHC-SuttlePro.dll) file.
    Can anyone email it to me.
    dukie94@hotmail.com
    Thank you,
    Phil

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie94 View Post
    I am looking for (XHC-SuttlePro.dll) file.
    Can anyone email it to me.
    dukie94@hotmail.com
    Thank you,
    Phil
    Hi Phil, I will send the dll, version 3.6, to your Hotmail account. Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by xhcchao View Post
    to download the xhc shuttlepro-whb04 driver,please visit our web:???? ???????????
    Dear Xhcchao,

I just buy whb04,Haw to use shutter mode?

how to use shutter mode?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12