Mach 3 upgrade.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mach 3 upgrade....

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Update
    I went ahead a bought another MB just like the one i had in it and swapped the CPU.
    Cleaned everything up and re-installed Mach3...
    Everything is running great!....Ready to try some V-carving

Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder if I have enough HP to run Mach3 on this PIII 1GHz laptop. I had Mach2 up and running, and then as you did Chuck, I tried upgrading to Mach3 and I dont know if its running or not, I cant get the driver test to run, and my machine acts funny with Mach3 running. Everything is slow, like screen refresh and mouse tracking. I boughtr this laptop specifically to run Mach2, but then figured I might as well get up to speed with Mach3 instead. I'm messing with it today, maybe I'll end up going back to Mach2, Imight even opt for a new (used) $100.00 desktop to run Mach3 on and nothing else.

Halfnutz

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Halfnutz
    I wonder if I have enough HP to run Mach3 on this PIII 1GHz laptop. I had Mach2 up and running, and then as you did Chuck, I tried upgrading to Mach3 and I dont know if its running or not, I cant get the driver test to run, and my machine acts funny with Mach3 running. Everything is slow, like screen refresh and mouse tracking. I boughtr this laptop specifically to run Mach2, but then figured I might as well get up to speed with Mach3 instead. I'm messing with it today, maybe I'll end up going back to Mach2, Imight even opt for a new (used) $100.00 desktop to run Mach3 on and nothing else.

I use Mach3 on a 1g machine now with no problems. what you should do is reformat the hard drive do a fresh install of windows. Did you do the Optimization for mach?

http://www.machsupport.com/optimisation%20XP.txt

I did not have to do it but some do, and also make sure qtask is not running in the back ground, then the other thing is try the alternate driver.

joe

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

So far, I kinda like it. lot nicer layout...Mach2 ran great so i was reluctant to upgrade, but i kept wondering what I was missing.....I haven't even scratched the surface yet but it looks pretty good so far. It ran the Vcarve tap file with no problems...and it seems that the motors are a little smother...can't be for sure...just seems that way.
    My laptop won't even consider running the cnc...it will moves the axis around but they sound nasty....( Sony vaio 800mhz)
    Chuck

Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe I'm allright. I got it going much faster. (I was on-line the time I had the mouse dragging). It seems OK without anything else running, I loaded up the roadrunner gcode and it ran fine up to line 1000. I geusse I should try configuring it and giving it a go.

Halfnutz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12