Mach2Mill file Importations for cutting paths

Thread: Mach2Mill file Importations for cutting paths

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach2Mill file Importations for cutting paths

Hi to all.
    I've just down loaded Mach2 for evaluation and would like to simulate a milling process. I haven't regisered it yet, so it will probably have some operating limitations. I have tryed to import a 3D IGES surface file to create a cutting path but was only able to import in DXF format. Could anyone who's used this software (or maybe Art Fenerty) kindly tell me if this is either a limitation of the evaluation package or if these (HPGL, JPG, BMP and DXF) is the actual range of formats that may be imported for cutting path creations?
    cheers

Similar Threads:
    Martin G

Downloads
    Uploads

An Iges surface conversion is very advanced for a $150.00 G-code interpeter. Use a CAM package to create the G-code and then use Mach 2 to run it.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jeff, as you might have already anticipated, I've got no experience with this software, so this imposes 2 questions.
    1.) How does the software recognize the limits to which one requires to cut, particularly on a dome shape, since DXF is only a 3D wire frame (as far as I know and please correct me if I'm wrong) and
    2.) How can the software determine which side one desires to cut? Or is there an option to chose?
    Judging from what I have seen while configuring it, I have to disagree to your reasoning one reason that comes in mind is the ability to anticipate gouging areas.

Martin G