What are the screen resolution sizes you are using on your Mach3 computer?

View Poll Results: Mach3 Users, what monitor display resolution size are you using for Mach3 CNC oprerat

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 800 x 600

5 10.64%
  • 1024 x 768

31 65.96%
  • 1366 x 768

0 0%
  • 1280 x 800

5 10.64%
  • 1440 x 900

7 14.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What are the screen resolution sizes you are using on your Mach3 computer?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default What are the screen resolution sizes you are using on your Mach3 computer?

As the title says, what screen size resolution are you using for Mach3 operation? Im interested what monitor display size you all are using! Eg. 800x600px, 1024x768px, 1366 x 768px, 1280x800px, or 1400x900px?

Similar Threads:
    "I will not let you regret knowing me."

Downloads
    Uploads

I use a 15" LCD, with 1024x768 being the maximum. If I had a larger monitor, I'd run a higher resolution.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gerry, so where do you place your monitor? In an CNC enclosure or open air?

"I will not let you regret knowing me."

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The pool would be better if it included all the commonly available monitor resolution.
    For example 1280x1024 is the most common resolution for 4:3 aspect monitors in 17" and 19" sizes.
    As this is not a choice, I can not supply an accurate vote.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Open air, but I keep it covered with a towel when not in use, to keep the dust off of it.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

1024x768; got an older touch screen unit (Advantech brand) off eBay. Apparently it's made for the medical field, it's pretty dust proof so it just sits in the open and gets cleaned once in a while.

It's networked with "my documents" shared so I can send code to it from any other system. Then just open Mach3 and go for it.

Edit: Hum... seems like I just replied to an old post... wonder why it comes up when clicking "New Posts" on top :/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmash View Post

Edit: Hum... seems like I just replied to an old post... wonder why it comes up when clicking "New Posts" on top :/
    Somebody just voted. That updates the thread date/time even though no new post has been added to the thread.

Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well since this has now been resurrected by someone voting I'll add my $.02 .
    I run dual 17" monitors running 1280x1024 each. the on-board video card of my Gigabyte F2A55M-DS2 motherboard allows me to have a 2560x1024 desktop and permits the program to maximize across both screens as if they were 1 (not all video drivers will allow you to do this). I have added touch screen overlay kits to both (Yes you can do touchscreen on multiple monitors) and am currently getting ready to build the custom screenset for this configuration.
    My monitors are housed in an enclosure. Its very much a work in progress, and I have moved since this picture was taken and the new garage is much cleaner than this terrible mess was.
    What are the screen resolution sizes you are using on your Mach3 computer?-130508_002-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What are the screen resolution sizes you are using on your Mach3 computer?

768x1024 (vertical monitor).

What are the screen resolution sizes you are using on your Mach3 computer?-mach3-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What are the screen resolution sizes you are using on your Mach3 computer?

I do both 800x600 and 1024x768 depending on where I currently stay. I voted 800x600 since it's what I last used. I use whatever monitor I can get for free, prefer crt but benchtop real estate often forces me to use lcd.