mahcine torch won't fire but hand torch will, mach 3?

Thread: mahcine torch won't fire but hand torch will, mach 3?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default mahcine torch won't fire but hand torch will, mach 3?

Okay guys, were almost done with the new table for our mobile setup. First off let me tell you what were working with… We have 2 Precision Plasma tables. both have MACH 3 with the bladerunner aio and a esp II box with DTHC II one is a 4x8(main shop) the new one is a 4x4(mobile trailer) Both tables are twins. The only part that swaps back and forth currently is the Hypertherm 45; just the main box, and the computer. Both tables have there own machine torch and handheld torches.

Now here is whats going on with the new 4x4 table...
    Everything runs like its supposed to as far as g code, z-axis, floating head torch switch, etc.
    The weird part is If you manually click the torch on button in mach 3 nothing happens, no clicking relay noise, no error codes or estops, NO flashing lights on the hypertherm, just silence and the torch doesn't fire. If you run a file same thing, it will run through all the motions just won't cut or fire off.
    Ive ran the mach 3 tests for torch volts DRO and both passed at 100 and 150, Ive ran The THC PWM ark ok test and it worked, the only test that came back with somewhat off results was the THC PWM volts test, on screen shot should read 126 or 127 volts and ours read 122. This is supposed to come factory set so I'm not sure if i can adjust it. ???

Now, if you put the hand torch on and pull the trigger it fires off perfectly.

Ive spent the better part of the day reading and rereading all the mach 3 manuals. Ive googled a bunch, Ive searched cnczone, candcnc forum, and now plasma spider with no luck. Any thoughts on what to test yet? I feel like I'm missing something simple and just need to take a step back… Any ideas??
    Thanks as always guys,
    Mike

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mahcine torch won't fire but hand torch will, mach 3?-image2-jpg   mahcine torch won't fire but hand torch will, mach 3?-image3-jpg   mahcine torch won't fire but hand torch will, mach 3?-image1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by conz35 View Post
    Okay guys, were almost done with the new table for our mobile setup. First off let me tell you what were working with… We have 2 Precision Plasma tables. both have MACH 3 with the bladerunner aio and a esp II box with DTHC II one is a 4x8(main shop) the new one is a 4x4(mobile trailer) Both tables are twins. The only part that swaps back and forth currently is the Hypertherm 45; just the main box, and the computer. Both tables have there own machine torch and handheld torches.

Now here is whats going on with the new 4x4 table...
    Everything runs like its supposed to as far as g code, z-axis, floating head torch switch, etc.
    The weird part is If you manually click the torch on button in mach 3 nothing happens, no clicking relay noise, no error codes or estops, NO flashing lights on the hypertherm, just silence and the torch doesn't fire. If you run a file same thing, it will run through all the motions just won't cut or fire off.
    Ive ran the mach 3 tests for torch volts DRO and both passed at 100 and 150, Ive ran The THC PWM ark ok test and it worked, the only test that came back with somewhat off results was the THC PWM volts test, on screen shot should read 126 or 127 volts and ours read 122. This is supposed to come factory set so I'm not sure if i can adjust it. ???

Now, if you put the hand torch on and pull the trigger it fires off perfectly.

Ive spent the better part of the day reading and rereading all the mach 3 manuals. Ive googled a bunch, Ive searched cnczone, candcnc forum, and now plasma spider with no luck. Any thoughts on what to test yet? I feel like I'm missing something simple and just need to take a step back… Any ideas??
    Thanks as always guys,
    Mike

Anyone? I have the same set up just 4x8 table. Yesterday torch fired off and cut a simple square dthc off just to see it move. Today i found the testing on pwm at 96 volts not the 126 volt recommended by candcnc manual after adjusting it now the torch won't fire and the dthc button in mach is off and won't turn back on. Anyone with advice?