My "problem" is that I have a 1,5x1,5 meter size plasma table and the edges on the table are standing 1-3 mm higher than the working area so if I am cutting larger plate that stands out of the working are it will be inclined, so the Z height is not the same all over the plate. I know the best method is to have a THC to control the Z axis but I find it too expensive and I think that if I could manually "level" working area in software that would mostly solve the problem I am having. the workpiece can also be tilted because of other reasons than the piece standing out of the table of course....

What I was hoping would be possible was that I could go to each corner of my working envelope, and zero the Z axis in mach 3, and that mach3 would then recognize that the plate is a little bit inclined/tilted, and it would take that into account when cutting and increase/ decrease the Z height depending on where it is positioned at each time on the table... is this possible? I was also thinking if it would be possible to manually adjust the Z height when the program is running ( because sometimes I could simply adjust the Z height using the keyboard and watching the gap between the workpiece and the nozzle. with these possibilities it would solve most of the Z height problem, I already have a floating height Z for zeroing the Z height before each pierce.

f.y.i I have hypertherm powermax 45 plasma cutter